Pawnee Summer Run n' Gun Registration is Open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only a few days left to get tuned up for Pawnee. I've been running and shooting quite a bit lately. My running has suffered with the heat, but still trying to tighten up my shooting.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a question already asked but can anyone go to just watch

It's possible but you def have to clear it through the organizers. None of the shooting stages are viewable from a common area and for obvious reasons they need to know who is out on the course. Seen more than a few folks accompany participants as well, running along with them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be a hot sumbitch. I think I'll be stashing an extra water bottle or two in my small pack.

Sometimes I wonder why we do this.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one in the books! This one was special as the heat was absolutely brutal!! I had a 2:00 p.m. start time and the heat index was 110! Did not perform to my standards but oh well, there's always next time.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one in the books! This one was special as the heat was absolutely brutal!! I had a 2:00 p.m. start time and the heat index was 110! Did not perform to my standards but oh well, there's always next time.

The fact that you finished at all with the heat and humidity the way it was yesterday is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. I didn't ever find the road as brutal as everyone else thinks it is but that ammo can drag up the hill nearly killed me.

Anyone make the Rifleman's Quarter Mile shot?

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone make the Rifleman's Quarter Mile shot?

Only about 10 of the 100+ registered competitors.

Only one ambulance call out of all of them too. Very damn good considering the heat.

Rough day but a good day. So many great folks together in one place.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only about 10 of the 100+ registered competitors.

Only one ambulance call out of all of them too. Very damn good considering the heat.

Rough day but a good day. So many great folks together in one place.

Man, no kidding?? Good for those folks. That's some fine shooting!

You are right, only one ambulance call for a day like yesterday is good, too. The guys that work that thing are serious about the health and safety of the participants. I know the guy I walked it with a couple years ago was starting to fall apart well before he tapped out and the guys in the golf cart on the road knew he was done before he did. It was almost like they were buzzards circling ... but you could tell they'd seen "that look" before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom