Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a ton of fun!

I was one of the guys running an FAL, and it worked just great. I don't usually use optics and this messed me up on some of the closer stuff like bonus 2.

It worked great on the longer stuff though.

I had one MAJOR equipment malfunction though, and this really cost me some time and almost a DNF. I added a double-zippered pouch centered on my back with 50 rounds of pistol ammo loose in a smaller zipped bag and 60 rounds of rifle ammo in cardboard boxes and it somehow was able to work the zippers open to the point it flung all the ammo out at the same time. The pistol ammo bag had also unzipped and two of the cardboard boxes exploded on impact…so there was ammo all over about 30 yards of gravel road. Epic.

I didn’t pick it all up, I dropped the rifle and my gear, took the one intact 20rnd box of rifle and about 20 rounds of pistol and maybe 10 rounds of loose rifle ammo, shoved it back in and put everything back on again. Thankfully I turned off the camera when I took off my hat, so there is no evidence of the majority of the rant.

At the end of the last stage I think I had 3 rifle rounds left! Cutting it close.

I was not happy with my running. I wore trail shoes with very little padding and it very quickly took it's toll on my feet. Should have brought my street shoes. Heck, even the boots I wore in the car would have been an improvement over the flimsy trail shoes on those concrete-like roads.

When I went to get a print out from the scorekeeper I found someone had dutifully picked up my wayward ammo and put it on the table, what great folks you have out there!

I can also confirm that the 12th place 10k shooter did not shoot stage 4 in 9 seconds :scratch:

I know the 308s were causing some issues for the ROs, we are sorry for that (mostly ;) ), if anyone in the target planning role wants to talk about it, I run a FAL only match in GA and we have developed a mounting method that is pretty effective and holds up well to 308.

See you guys again next winter!

Stimpson, I helped you pick up your loose ammo on the road. I left it with the nice lady doing the scorekeeping. Were you able to get it??

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which guy was Nick 710. I know at one point Uncle Money Bags was surrounded by Nicks. There was the Nick in his maybe 50's, a nick in 30's green vehicle and a nick from texas i think. Is Nick 710 one of these or am I wrong all together.

I will neither admit or deny any association with UMB!! I did get to visit with his very attractive sister, however :wink2:

stimpsonjcat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stimpson, I helped you pick up your loose ammo on the road. I left it with the nice lady doing the scorekeeping. Were you able to get it??

I did indeed!

When I went to get a print out from the scorekeeper I found someone had dutifully picked up my wayward ammo and put it on the table, what great folks you have out there!

Bless you sir! May you never run out of ammo!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be the broken record... event was stellar again, very professionally ran. Staff and RO'S all very helpful.

Time to put that one in the books and start training for brutal goat and especially the summer challenge
[emoji13] I'm already sweating just thinking about the insanity.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will neither admit or deny any association with UMB!! I did get to visit with his very attractive sister, however :wink2:

There's a reason Jim had his hand on his pistol all day LOL.

His sister runs Flashbang Holsters, it was good to put a face with a company.

She might have been packing. :boxing3:

Just to clarify, she is the marketing director and gets her hands dirty building their various holsters. Ownership is someone else.
Also, she was warned well ahead of time about you guys. Besides, Im not the guy you have to look out for, it's the 3-6 othwr guys you didnt even notice, watching your every move. And yes, she was armed.

Last edited:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice time again this year as always. Thanks to Daniel, Al, Matt, Tom, Jon, Harold, Becca, Susie and everyone else that worked this thing. You guys did a great job and it ran smooth and quick!

Latest posts

Top Bottom