Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my edited run. I forgot to turn the camera back on for the shotty stage after my ammo explosion.

"Explosion" may be the wrong word to use here. It took me a good five minutes to backtrack and explain to my wife what happened after I told her about a hundred rounds of ammo that exploded off of your back. She was envisioning shrapnel ;-)

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome video Stimpson.

This is my first Pawnee run that I've used magnified optics on. I always ran it with an Aimpoint Comp M or PRO before, using co-witnessed irons for the 500, except the time I ran it with my M1. This time I went with a Burris TAC30 1-4x24. I love the scope. It has been on several other Run 'n Guns (Pecos and Zombie) and a couple hunts, and has held up great. It has real decent Philippine glass, capped turrets, and a reticle that is fast on 1x but has useful BDC dots on 4x. Actually I learned that it matches XM193 out of a 16" barrel better on 3.5x, so that's what I used it on for stages 2, 3, and 5. 1x was nice for 1 and Bonus II.

One-piece scope mounts almost all put the center of the ring higher than the plane of the irons, so the front sight post won't show up in the FOV on a FSB rifle. This makes them too high for a proper cheek weld for me. So on a rifle where FSP obstruction isn't a problem, like one with a folding front sight like mine, I like to mount the scope a little lower. I use the YHM extended picatinny riser and Vortex Viper Low rings. It works great, and is lighter than a lot of one piece mounts too.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In match preparation I watched what I ate especially last week. I ran with & with out weight did all kinds of workouts. Now that the " competition " is over...
This week I have ate so much crap it is ridiculous, the three times I have ventured in the weight room has been a joke. I keep going with good intentions. That's all for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom