Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In match preparation I watched what I ate especially last week. I ran with & with out weight did all kinds of workouts. Now that the " competition " is over...
This week I have ate so much crap it is ridiculous, the three times I have ventured in the weight room has been a joke. I keep going with good intentions. That's all for now.

That happens to me everytime! I get home and proceed to plow through everything in the cupboards and fridge for days...I did however jump right back into the gym as I come close finishing the powerlifting cycle I foolishly started before Thanksgiving. Be glad when it's over and I can start running again.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never slack off, I immediately start training for the summer event. And, I get back in the man cave and load a few thousand rounds for my rifle/pistol training regimen.

Always strive to keep the tip of the spear sharp.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never slack off, I immediately start training for the summer event. And, I get back in the man cave and load a few thousand rounds for my rifle/pistol training regimen.

I want to be Nick when I grow up.

I took Sunday off and was back on schedule Monday, diet never changed.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to be Nick when I grow up.

I took Sunday off and was back on schedule Monday, diet never changed.

I am not surprised. I didn't even know you were there until the awards were handed out - I remembered you from the first Appleseed in 2008 - you had a guy on your left with an M44, and I was on your right with a K98. You persevered and shot Rifleman, if I recall.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not surprised. I didn't even know you were there until the awards were handed out - I remembered you from the first Appleseed in 2008 - you had a guy on your left with an M44, and I was on your right with a K98. You persevered and shot Rifleman, if I recall.

I had forgot all about that, one of the guys had two or three boys running around with him if I remember correctly.

I felt bad I had several guys come up to me from that shoot but the weekend was such a blur for me making sure everything was going well I was having a hard time placing people.

stimpsonjcat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome video Stimpson.

This is my first Pawnee run that I've used magnified optics on. I always ran it with an Aimpoint Comp M or PRO before, using co-witnessed irons for the 500, except the time I ran it with my M1. This time I went with a Burris TAC30 1-4x24. I love the scope. It has been on several other Run 'n Guns (Pecos and Zombie) and a couple hunts, and has held up great. It has real decent Philippine glass, capped turrets, and a reticle that is fast on 1x but has useful BDC dots on 4x. Actually I learned that it matches XM193 out of a 16" barrel better on 3.5x, so that's what I used it on for stages 2, 3, and 5. 1x was nice for 1 and Bonus II.

One-piece scope mounts almost all put the center of the ring higher than the plane of the irons, so the front sight post won't show up in the FOV on a FSB rifle. This makes them too high for a proper cheek weld for me. So on a rifle where FSP obstruction isn't a problem, like one with a folding front sight like mine, I like to mount the scope a little lower. I use the YHM extended picatinny riser and Vortex Viper Low rings. It works great, and is lighter than a lot of one piece mounts too.

Yeah glass is not my thing...but getting older blah blah blah. The scope I have is the same as Matt has, same rings too. It did its job fine, and the 500yd was gravy, but I have no means of practicing intermediate steel at 100-200 yards, just 200 and up. I will work on that before next time.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That happens to me everytime! I get home and proceed to plow through everything in the cupboards and fridge for days...I did however jump right back into the gym as I come close finishing the powerlifting cycle I foolishly started before Thanksgiving. Be glad when it's over and I can start running again.
LOL, In a couple of days I will get back into my rountine, i am interested in starting a 5x5 workout / Bill Star routine, but... I feel those workouts are as much mentally tough as they are physically tough reguardless of the weight. I know just jump in the water and swim.

I have been to the gym Sunday through Wednesday, I just have not moved very much weight. Nick, I have been using your keep the tip of the spear sharp quote for at least the last month. It is a great quote. Two of my favorites quotes that help me dig a little deeper are "There will always be somebody bigger, faster and stronger, be that somebody." "If you ever find yourself in a fair fight you did not train hard enough." Those to quotes have carried me a long ways.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if the winner of the mil-bolt side competition is registered here but I just want to say congrats on a job well done. Even with the bolt gun, he finished 50th in a field of 83. He and his wife were late comers and I just happened to be standing there, so I had to give them the safety brief. We got to visit a little after it was all over. They're a great couple of people and I hope I see them again next year. Good job, Matt. Get a RNG set up at Knob Creek!

Latest posts

Top Bottom