Pay It Forward.......Free Skunks !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot them in the trap but live out where I can. Never shot one that didn't spray, wear a respirator when dumping out back for the coyotes.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you catch a skunk in a trap, just leave it be for about 4 days.
The 5th day it will be nearly dead or will be dead, & no spray.

I know it seems cruel, but if some people keep saying it is illegal to relocate a live animal to another spot after catching it in a trap; but nowhere does it say it is illegal to relocate a dead animal.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on what you have on hand, you could DIY a slightly bigger version of this relatively cheap.
6cpvp7l20e2y.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you catch a skunk in a trap, just leave it be for about 4 days.
The 5th day it will be nearly dead or will be dead, & no spray.

I know it seems cruel, but if some people keep saying it is illegal to relocate a live animal to another spot after catching it in a trap; but nowhere does it say it is illegal to relocate a dead animal.
Ok law says all traps must be attended every 24 hours. Just an FYI.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend worked at a lumber yard that had issues with skunks. Live trap the critter, and drop it into a 55 gallon drum of water. No stink. He trapped and killed many without being sprayed.
The secret is to live trap it where you can sneak up on the trap on the other side of a wall where it can't see you. Then drop a tarp over it prior to carrying it to the drum of water.
I don't know if its urban legend or not, but read that the smaller traps that won't allow the skunk to raise it's tail will prevent spraying.
Again, I have no clue if this works or not, but the live trap into a drum of water is tested and proven by a real human.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attend traps every 24 hours,
Does that mean going out to check on them or does that mean emptying the trap & resetting it?
If there is a skunk in a trap, & you go out every morning to look at it & check to see that the skunk is still there, & then you clear the trap after 4 or 5 days, is that still illegal??

Latest posts

Top Bottom