PBC Fight Night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I dunno if you guys watched this or not, but it was one weird fight night.

In the first two fights, a fighter wanted the fight stopped.

The first fight was a 22yr old against a 32yr old (Bantamweight IIRC?), and after the first couple of rounds, the kid was really hammering the older guy.

The second fight was heavyweight, between a 6' 7" guy (Dimitrenko), and 6' 2" really fat guy (Ruiz - he outweighed the taller guy 262lbs to 259lbs). And the taller guy had an EIGHT INCH reach advantage over Ruiz, and a 41/4 win/loss record with 26 knockouts.

So imagine my surprise, when the fat guy turned out to be the mongoose. He was incredibly quick with his hands, and pummeled the taller guy with hard shots (mostly to the head) for several rounds. And finally the big guy refused to come out.

The last fight (Welterweight, the feature) was just unevenly matched. Garcia knocked the other guy down 3 times, and just kept hammering him for 6-7 rounds until the ref finally stopped the fight. The guy was game though, he kept trying and didn't want to stop.

You rarely see a fighter wanting the fight stopped, and I've never seen two in one night.

It was just weird. :drunk2:

EDIT: Corrected some info. The big guy's name is Dimitrenko, and he's 6' 7" (not 6' 5"), and his record was 41/4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom