PBR Actually Made a 1,776-Pack of Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep an old bottle/can opener (pointy one end, round on the other) on our bar. I'm sure I've seen this in years past, but just noticed this evening it has "Pabst Blue Ribbon" stamped on it. And it's actually chromed, a small bit peeled off the pointy end a few days (weeks?) ago.
:drunk2:
___

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, millennial hipsters drink PBR. Rednecks drink Blue Ribbon.
Nah, one of my RV buddies in his early 60's who travels full time drinks PBR exclusively. Says he never has anyone from our group come by his rig asking for a beer when they run out.
They get in the truck and go to town.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it's long out of business but I used to like Schlitz. No one I knew felt the same.
This is the only Schiltz around my house.

C69EF3A3-B6C2-4E47-9E20-697294024652.jpeg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep an old bottle/can opener (pointy one end, round on the other) on our bar. I'm sure I've seen this in years past, but just noticed this evening it has "Pabst Blue Ribbon" stamped on it. And it's actually chromed, a small bit peeled off the pointy end a few days (weeks?) ago.
:drunk2:
___

No pickup was fully equipped without a church key in the glove box.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the ‘cheapo’ Brown Derby beer they used to sell at Safeway?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bro...ahUKEwji0ZmmrKvzAhWEtJ4KHZWpDSAQ_AUIIygA#ip=1

Drank it. Bunches of it. Tuborg Gold was also a staple, also purchased at the Safeway on the corner of 81 & Beech in my home town. Strohs was in the rotation as well along with Lowenbrau, Little Kings, Schlitz, Hi-Life., Old Milwaukee, Lone Star (which we thought we were smuggling into OK, cause we were 16 and stupid). Drank a s'ton of Pearl bottles with the riddles in the cap too. When things were really tight, the generic BEER was also purchased. If it was cheap, we drank it.

I was much older when I settled down on just a couple of brands. Hell, I used to occasionally drink Budweiser. I'd rather take an ass kicking now than have to drink a Bud. At one time, I was making bi-weekly trips to TX to bring home a couple cases of Fat Tire & Coors Banquet. I loved that stuff. I had a flatter belly at the time.

The list could go on and on and on, but now it's down to Miller Lite & Ultra. I'll drink a local craft brew from time to time, but domestic, light & cold is how I prefer it now. A really ice cold domestic light on a scorching hot day is tough to beat. Man, we loved our cheap beer.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this reminds me of the true old saying used at the beer bust parties with iced tubs filled with various brands of cans of beer to choose from. As the evening was winding down, you usually had only a few choices of brands left. And then it usually got down to "When you are out of Schlitz, you are usually out of beer." True many times. Ha Ha But, it is kinda like "any port in a storm," right?

Colt .45 malt liquor "works every time" in the little squatty half cans was popular back then also. I think it is still around in bottles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom