PD Openings in Ponca City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw the pay.

$45K ? Oh Hell no.

Same old small town BS pay. I'll just bet they have old hands that will have to train these guys making less than new hires. :hellno:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s listing different pay( about 4k/year lower)then advertised on that flyer on the website. But it also is saying it’s been posted since 2020. You know where an updated site is to apply?
I don't. I just picked up the flier last night at the end of my shift off of a table.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are not already CLEET certified you can not obtain certification in Oklahoma past the age of 45. Oklahoma Cleet changed it's age requirement several years ago. Some Sherriff's were sending applicants due to age could not pass qualifications I was told when inquiring for a LE position. I was past the age requirement by 3 months.
why would someone want to start a law enforcement job past 45 ? curiosity.

the way i understand it you have to serve for 20 years to get the pension, and being an older law enforcement officer i imagine is pretty tough. i mean, you can't join the military past 38 iirc.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

the way i understand it you have to serve for 20 years to get the pension, and being an older law enforcement officer i imagine is pretty tough. i mean, you can't join the military past 38 iirc.
We had a lot of military retirees in Alaska law enforcement that were over that 45 year age limit.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Been working in my profession 35 yrs now on 24hr call and you use to be appreciated but that is a thing of the past like most I guess. At the time I inquired it was the only fixed hour job available in the area I lived. Money wasn't a issue for me everything paid off for yrs. The job was security for the court house thru the sheriff's office. Inside A/C, 40hrs week go home and don't worry about the phone ringing not to mention every gov. Holiday off would have been a nice change. Didn't need the pension either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think the restriction to being over 45 to be employed would be because of physical fitness issues when at the end of the 20-year career that would put one at 65 years old or much older if hired at 50.
It would be tough doing a foot chase through a neighborhood and having to subdue someone that wants to fight if you could catch them.
Mother nature gifts those younger with more stamina and physical strength.
Not to say there aren't folks at that age that could outperform a 30 year old but they are the rare exception.

Latest posts

Top Bottom