PDS Tornado Watch 5/22...Quite the Development...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We got about 8.5" in 24 hours, if we get another couple it's gonna get ugly. And people at work today were saying they are predicting as much as another 4".

Bartlesville floods of 73' and 86' were incredible. When Copan opened up wide in 86', town was dived in two, Silverlake road was closed for days, the area where Lowes is today was several feet deep for a long time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bartlesville floods of 73' and 86' were incredible. When Copan opened up wide in 86', town was dived in two, Silverlake road was closed for days, the area where Lowes is today was several feet deep for a long time.

That's guaranteed underwater right now. I have a river running through my back yard and one through the neighbor's yard across the street. It is running fast enough it would sweep away a small teenager quickly.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you guys up in North.

WEBBERS FALLS, Oklahoma - The town of Webbers Falls is telling its residents to evacuate immediately as of Wednesday night because of loose barges along the Arkansas River headed for a dam.

This is the message they posted to Facebook as of 8:49 p.m.:
Evacuate Webbers Falls immediately. The barges are loose and has the potential to hit the lock and dam 16. if the dam breaks it will be catastrophic!! Leave now!!

The barges went under the Highway 62 bridge and are heading towards the Webbers Falls Lock and Dam 16. News On 6 has confirmed that Life Flight is flying overhead trying to locate the barges so that first-responders will know where they are and see their path.

The City of Webbers Falls believes that if the barges impact the dam, it will be catastrophic. However, the lockmaster in charge of Lock and Dam 16 believes the worst-case scenario would be to break a couple of the gates.

Muskogee's police chief said that if it misses the Lock and Dam 16, the next thing the barges will hit will be the Interstate 40 bridge. The Oklahoma Highway Patrols is on standby to block traffic there should that happen.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst flooding I'd seen before May, 2016 (or was it '15?) was back on Memorial Day weekend of '85 or '86. A huge storm just camped over the Tulsa area and dumped metric boatloads of rain on the area overnight. I spent the night at my grandparents' house in BA, and we drove through Tulsa en route to Keystone the next day. The high water marks on some of the retaining walls next to the highways in Tulsa were a good 8' above the road surface, I saw a '67-ish Vette 'vert that had apparently driven into the water under one overpass at speed, as the front edge of the top was peeled back.

I felt bad for the guy, and I don't even like Vettes.

My dad stayed up watching the weather, and he said the weatherguesser said the radar indicated that the storm was moving at 5mph, but it was building on the west side of Tulsa as fast as it was dissipating east of BA, so it was effectively standing still...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for you guys up in North.

WEBBERS FALLS, Oklahoma - The town of Webbers Falls is telling its residents to evacuate immediately as of Wednesday night because of loose barges along the Arkansas River headed for a dam.

This is the message they posted to Facebook as of 8:49 p.m.:
Evacuate Webbers Falls immediately. The barges are loose and has the potential to hit the lock and dam 16. if the dam breaks it will be catastrophic!! Leave now!!

The barges went under the Highway 62 bridge and are heading towards the Webbers Falls Lock and Dam 16. News On 6 has confirmed that Life Flight is flying overhead trying to locate the barges so that first-responders will know where they are and see their path.

The City of Webbers Falls believes that if the barges impact the dam, it will be catastrophic. However, the lockmaster in charge of Lock and Dam 16 believes the worst-case scenario would be to break a couple of the gates.

Muskogee's police chief said that if it misses the Lock and Dam 16, the next thing the barges will hit will be the Interstate 40 bridge. The Oklahoma Highway Patrols is on standby to block traffic there should that happen.
Channel 6 was covering it, but they've moved back to other weather coverage. From their view of the lock, I can't blame them; it's so dark that there really won't be anything to see until it's too late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom