Pecan Rye Whiskey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have some pecan whiskey that was given to me that is nasty!

I'm not really into infused whiskey but I have taken bad bourbon that I couldn't stand to drink neat and infused it with coffee that turned out very drinkable.

I have also infused some just so-so bourbon with smoked brisket and bacon.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some pecan whiskey that was given to me that is nasty!

I'm not really into infused whiskey but I have taken bad bourbon that I couldn't stand to drink neat and infused it with coffee that turned out very drinkable.

I have also infused some just so-so bourbon with smoked brisket and bacon.

The only infused whiskey I ever tried was Rock & Rye. My father use to keep a bottle on hand for when he had a cold, flu, toothache, headache, constipation, diarrhea, etc, etc, etc. I would drink a shot with him every now and then.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only infused whiskey I ever tried was Rock & Rye. My father use to keep a bottle on hand for when he had a cold, flu, toothache, headache, constipation, diarrhea, etc, etc, etc. I would drink a shot with him every now and then.
Ewww! Liquid candy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ewww! Liquid candy.

Yea but some of the old timers really liked it. I like some bourbon, Canadian or Irish whiskey. I can not drink much any more but would love a small bottle of good whiskey for an occasional shot.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like bourbon BUT have kind of migrated back to the less sweet Irish Whiskeys.
Infused bourbons sound interesting but usually leave me with the face I make after drinking a shot of Jagermeister.

I agree but I love pecans and would be willing to give it a try. The mint, coffee, honeysuckle, etc sound nasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom