Pecan Rye Whiskey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only infused whiskey I ever tried was Rock & Rye. My father use to keep a bottle on hand for when he had a cold, flu, toothache, headache, constipation, diarrhea, etc, etc, etc. I would drink a shot with him every now and then.
So your Dad was a hypochondriac?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Rock & Rye my father use to buy was way to sweet. He said they would put a piece of rock candy in each bottle, and it tasted that sweet.
My Dad often told about finding an unopened bottle of Rock & Rye on the side of the road back before I was born.

He'd drink about anything at that time, but after a few slugs, he gave it to a drinkin' buddy. :D

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Byron's by the Capitol is the place to go.
The whisky I like for normal use is $23 in Ponca and you pay a premium for using a CC at some stores.
At Byrons, it's $16.99, buy 6 and get an additional discount.
Since I have to visit the va on occasion, the stores in Ponca don't get my business.
I used to office 2 blocks from Byrons so it was handy to hit after work. Unless it was dark, I wont go after dark in that area so in winter time I hit it at lunch.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found/tried this. Made in Moore,Ok. First Rye I’ve tried, good and smooth.
36360A58-FD39-4935-A911-F0F314144BA3.jpeg
FE11E3F7-E1DF-41D3-B5C6-C2993BD84AE6.jpeg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went to Lead Slingers web site. Looks interesting. Vets, shooters and Okies, seems like a worthwhile company to support if their whiskey is any good. They have bourbon, rye, cinnamon and rum.

https://leadslingerswhiskey.com/
I was excited when I first found out about a fairly local distillery a couple of years ago and really wanted to try their whiskey until I read a lot of reviews on their products.

I can't afford to spend money on bad liquor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom