Pelicans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the last several years, white Pelicans are showing up in pretty good numbers on a lake close to me in SW Oklahoma. Seeing them this evening made me wonder if they are legal to hunt since they are a migratory bird and also because I’ve had duck hunting on my mind all day. I did a search for pelican on the ODWC website, and there is only one reference to Pelicans at the bottom of the Migratory Game Birds page listed as Nongame Migratory Bird identification. I’ve looked at that website probably a thousand times and never noticed the nongame migratory bird section. ODWC might want to make it a little more noticeable for all us rednecks wanting to shoot a “Big White looking Duck”.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love pelicans. They are so majestic in flight...I love watching them. Saw this guy last spring at Lake Lawtonka:

A.jpg

B.JPG

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were protected.

There is and island, south of New Orleans, that the white pelicans use as a nursery.

The goobermint, in it's infinite wisdom, had settled a large group of Vietnamese (fishermen) refugees in South Louisiana.

An agent for goobermint was checking up on the refugees, to see how they were settling in, if the fishing was good, any problems.
The leader / spokesman for the group said everything was great. They had located this island that was full of the dumbest birds ever. Easy to catch, they just sit on their nest and very tasty.

Fish and Game was called out. Sure enough, the pelicans were about wiped out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom