Pellet gun for Starlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering what might be good for Starlings within 25 yards? I know next to nothing about air guns and looking for recommendations, say within a $150.00 budget. Multi shot would be nice but could live with single shot. Not sure about C02 or pump, seems to me just as you need it you will be out of C02 cartridges but again no experience.

Looking forward to the groups vast knowledge.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wore the hinge off of 3 Crossman 880 pellet guns as a kid. Must have shot hundreds of starlings, they were really accurate and inexpensive. Put the pellets in backwards for a large hollow point lol.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gamo air rifle, .177 cal. It puts a thumpin' on starlings and squirrels. May be a touch light for rabbits, but I have harvested a few bunnies with it. If I wanted to shoot anything heavier I would opt for the .22 version.

Accurate enough, relatively inexpensive, easy to operate. I like it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wore the hinge off of 3 Crossman 880 pellet guns as a kid. Must have shot hundreds of starlings, they were really accurate and inexpensive. Put the pellets in backwards for a large hollow point lol.
Yessir! We had those things stashed by every barn door on every barn when I was a kid. Dad trained racehorses and we had several horse walkers scattered about. Sometimes you get a horse that will stop and hold the walker from going. After a couple times of thumping their rump with a bb, all you gotta do is let em hear you pump the crossman and they'll giddy up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom