Pelosi: Congress is a "Superior Branch" of Government

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said?

A “It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”

B “I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.”

C “I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress."

D “I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.”

E “Pro and con are opposites, that fact is clearly seen. If progress means to move forward, then what does congress mean?”

Warren Buffet
Nipsey Russell
Ronald Regan
Mark Twain
John Adams

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why if all politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don’t have Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don’t write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don’t set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don’t control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices — 545 human beings out of 235 million — are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excused the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered by private central bank.

I exclude all of the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don’t care if they offer a politician $1 million in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislators’ responsibility to determine how he votes.

Don’t you see the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of Tip O’Neill, who stood up and criticized Ronald Reagan for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating appropriations and taxes.

Those 545 people and they alone are responsible. They and they alone should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses — provided they have the gumption to manage their own employees.”

Charley Reese

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who said?

A “It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”

B “I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.”

C “I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress."

D “I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.”

E “Pro and con are opposites, that fact is clearly seen. If progress means to move forward, then what does congress mean?”

Warren Buffet
Nipsey Russell
Ronald Regan
Mark Twain
John Adams

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why if all politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don’t have Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don’t write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don’t set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don’t control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices — 545 human beings out of 235 million — are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excused the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered by private central bank.

I exclude all of the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don’t care if they offer a politician $1 million in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislators’ responsibility to determine how he votes.

Don’t you see the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of Tip O’Neill, who stood up and criticized Ronald Reagan for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating appropriations and taxes.

Those 545 people and they alone are responsible. They and they alone should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses — provided they have the gumption to manage their own employees.”

Charley Reese

Charley just described the DC swamp eloquently with exception of the executive branch.

Is it any wonder that out of the four richest counties in the US, three of them are in Virginia? The suburbs of DC.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honor is not in her vocabulary. She is not a happy woman. Power shows the person. Given her power, she really shows her stripe. She is not for the greater good of man. She is for the greater power of the demonrats. The rational reaction to speech in the human being is the pursuit of the good or goodness of all things. Honor is not sought, it is given by virtue. She has neither.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom