Penn Square again, Shot, fired. Mall on lockdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then after that, coming to a shopping plaza near you....

I haven't been to an indoor mall in many years. The last time we went to Crossroads it was horrible. We were just walking around window shopping when (I'm going to be truthful here) groups of juvenile black kids would be walking 5-8 abreast, forcing anyone walking the other direction to dodge them. Not just one group, there were many.
It wasn't a good thing to be some macho dude and break their ranks on purpose, because they were juveniles, and no matter what, if a confrontation erupted, the adult is at fault.
I learned later that it was a game they played called "flushing the quail". It was years later when I read an op-ed from a black guy that admitted to doing it and felt bad later, deciding to talk about it.
We haven't been to an indoor mall since then and don't ever expect to. Internet shopping is so much better.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been to an indoor mall in many years. The last time we went to Crossroads it was horrible. We were just walking around window shopping when (I'm going to be truthful here) groups of juvenile black kids would be walking 5-8 abreast, forcing anyone walking the other direction to dodge them. Not just one group, there were many.
It wasn't a good thing to be some macho dude and break their ranks on purpose, because they were juveniles, and no matter what, if a confrontation erupted, the adult is at fault.
I learned later that it was a game they played called "flushing the quail". It was years later when I read an op-ed from a black guy that admitted to doing it and felt bad later, deciding to talk about it.
We haven't been to an indoor mall since then and don't ever expect to. Internet shopping is so much better.
Had em try that on me at the State Fair one year when I was in my prime. They were blocking the walkway. Probably wasn't to bright but hell I went shouldering my way right through the first few and the rest made a path and looked at me like I was the craziest redhead they ever saw. The wife told me I was after that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had em try that on me at the State Fair one year when I was in my prime. They were blocking the walkway. Probably wasn't to bright but hell I went shouldering my way right through the first few and the rest made a path and looked at me like I was the craziest redhead they ever saw. The wife told me I was after that.
You can be assured I wanted to. Had I been with a couple of guys, hell ya, but with the wife didn't want to get anything started and could see it was designed to generate confrontation.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can be assured I wanted to. Had I been with a couple of guys, hell ya, but with the wife didn't want to get anything started and could see it was designed to generate confrontation.
Heck, I married a Southside Capitol Hill girl. They should of been more worried about her than me.. :lmfao:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen to me in OKC call centers while I was working on their systems. Groups of large women walking down the hall toward the breakroom side by side oblivious to anyone or anything in front of them. I watched while their coworkers actually stepped to the side trying to hug the wall. I had a 6 ft stepladder I usually carried upright but that day it was a battering ram. I had no problem on subsequent visits. They discovered I wasn't going to put up with their foolishness.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quail Springs Mall is already thug central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was up there walking the mall about a week ago and saw a couple of things that made me wonder. The first was a young black guy walking ahead of us and I could see that the pair of shoes he was wearing still had a tag hanging on one of the shoes. He walked into another store. The second event was another young black guy (walking with a young white guy) for the exit. He was wearing a shirt with two tags hanging from it.

I'm not sure whether they are taking lessons from Minnie Pearl or whether they were shoplifting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom