People carrying long guns into businesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I totally agree that the guy wasn't real smart and did gun owners no favors, I am not real sure as reported by the media he did in fact commit the crime he got arrested for. The citation in post #57 (as I read it) would seem to indicate if he went to a restaurant that it's primary business model is serving food then IF he had a CC permit that would not be a crime by carrying as I read the OSCN citation. What do you folks think??

As mentioned about 138 times so far, he broke the law. Clear and convincing. Carrying a rifle?CANNOT CARRY ANYWHERE that serves alcohol.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it "serves" or "sells".
Can I carry in 7-11 and buy beer while carrying?
Where are you reading this? I am referencing 1272.1 which says,

"It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed.... Provided however, a person possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business."

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you reading this? I am referencing 1272.1 which says,

"It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed.... Provided however, a person possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business."
Simmer down dude, I was just asking a question. Schit.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can and should do whatever you want to do as a freedom loving ‘Merican.

You just tell that cop to shut his commie mouth because the Constitution is your carry permit! Roarrrrr!!!!
No, I am a law abiding citizen, you have me confused with... hell your just confused.
Bless your heart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom