People Piss Me Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea hadn't thought about that. I'll do that right away. Thanks.

Go here, click fraud alert and it will tell you how to do it. Its a little bit of a PITA and theres a lengthy computer message you have to listen to with a long list of instructions. Get a pencil ready and take notes...I had to replay the message 3 times because i couldn't write fast enough.
You can do a 90 day alert or 7 year. I did a 90 day.
Mind you this will make it more difficult for you to apply for credit as well because they will need alot of proff that its you.
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go here, click fraud alert and it will tell you how to do it. Its a little bit of a PITA and theres a lengthy computer message you have to listen to with a long list of instructions. Get a pencil ready and take notes...I had to replay the message 3 times because i couldn't write fast enough.
You can do a 90 day alert or 7 year. I did a 90 day.
Mind you this will make it more difficult for you to apply for credit as well because they will need alot of proff that its you.
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

I actually didn't have any problems with it. I googled how to setup a fraud alert, found the numbers for each credit bureau and called. Equifax was the first and they gave me a website to go to. I just plugged in all my information and once I hit submit I was done. It gets sent right to all 3 bureaus.

Whats scary though is we just bought a new car and the wife has to have dental surgery next week so we had to get care credit. we have opened two lines of credit recently so maybe thats how we got exposed? I don't think they are related since it was our bank info and not anything credit but you can't be too safe. If they got my bank info who knows what else they have.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget to give your computer a serious scan and cleanup. 9 out of 10 this is where they got your info!

I've never had any charges resulting from a compromise to my computer. Any fraud I've ever had has been due to a compromise at a retailer. I'm just saying that you never know where or who will get you jacked.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about the computer either.....Keep the advice comin guys. This is one of those times I can't be too paranoid. I think i'm going to start burning all my paperwork instead of shredding it as well.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget to give your computer a serious scan and cleanup. 9 out of 10 this is where they got your info!

The recent scheme that has gotten most people involved compromised POS systems. What happens is your stripe data goes both to the system and to a third party over the internet.

The ********* on the other end is then able to produce a card with the exact same magnetic stripe as yours while their name (and sometimes even photo) on the card is theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom