People playing guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is. 84 years old.

Sure didn't know he was still alive but he will be appearing live at the Poncon Theater in the near future.
The Poncan Theatre Presents: “A Conversation with Roy Clark”
Thursday, November 30th @ 7:30 PM Tickets Are $35 per person

An up close and personal evening with Roy Clark. Come listen to the stories from Hee Haw, Beverly Hillbillies, the Grand Ole' Opry, the Tonight Show, meeting Elvis, and of course, the musical legends he has met along the way. Roy gives the audience a rare look back at his life and memories. This is an amazing opportunity to have and listen to a 'Conversation with Roy Clark'
It doesn't say he will play the guitar, but I'm glad he is still out there at his age.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a guitar player. I'm like a guitar monitor. And w/a an older brother while growing up who was a jazz fan I got to hear my share of Brubeck, Basie, Ellington, et al. I also heard Django Reinhardt. Probably the best of his time. Wikipedia lists guitarists influenced by him. Check this link at around 46 minutes.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a guitar player. I'm like a guitar monitor. And w/a an older brother while growing up who was a jazz fan I got to hear my share of Brubeck, Basie, Ellington, et al. I also heard Django Reinhardt. Probably the best of his time. Wikipedia lists guitarists influenced by him. Check this link at around 46 minutes.

Django played later on with a a prosthetic finger, no less!

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the late great Michael Hedges 3 times. So glad I did. He was amaizing. Will Ackerman founder of Windamhill records said of Hedges “I watched him reinvent the guitar” so true. Of course he signed him to label.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran into this video while looking for something else. The piece is one of the opening themes for a long-running anime series called Lupin the 3rd and was composed by Yuji Ohno, who plays the Fender Rhodes in this video . For the purposes of this thread, I direct you to the 4:15 minute mark of the video, where Satoshi Inoue has his solo. Inoye is a well-regarded jazz guitarist who studied music in both Japan and the US. Jazz guitarist Jim Hall was his mentor and calls his former protégé, "an excellent jazz guitarist with a keen musical imagination." BTW, he's playing a Gretsch White Falcon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom