People who dump deer carcasses on the side of the road rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fed them to my dogs when I had dogs.
They would eat the head and all including teeth and jaw bones and antlers.

I would usually toss the carcass on the BBQ grill and cook it so no stinky rotted bones laying around if they took a few days to finish them.

Now I leave the carcass where I killed the deer or bag it and put it in my trash can.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Law states: It shall be unlawful for any person to leave or deposit, or cause to be deposited or left the carcass of any animal, chicken or other fowl, whether the same shall have died from disease or otherwise, in any well, spring, pond or stream of water; or leave or deposit the same within one-fourth (1/4) mile of any occupied dwelling or of any public highway, without burying the carcass...
Like it or not, as long as it doesn’t fall within the underlined quote above, it’s perfectly legal.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that crap, and this crap, is honestly why I put off getting into deer hunting until this year. I just don’t want to be associated with such behavior. Really rubs me the wrong way. At least 3 does and 2 bucks remains left here antler caps sawed off, everything that they didn’t want was just thrown all over. I find at least one or two of these scenes a year on public land and at least one deer hunter camp with an unbelievable amount of garbage left everywhere.
D2A99BF6-22E4-4EE2-BB57-8FFECC5C94D0.jpeg
D2CFB28E-9740-4881-AB78-DAE0076A5E29.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that crap, and this crap, is honestly why I put off getting into deer hunting until this year. I just don’t want to be associated with such behavior. Really rubs me the wrong way. At least 3 does and 2 bucks remains left here antler caps sawed off, everything that they didn’t want was just thrown all over View attachment 324899View attachment 324900
Looks like coyote damage but that last pic looks like a rear ham left on the carcass.
We had some poachers leave 5 on us in a waterway several years ago. Backstraps and racks cut out of all of them with the rest left to rot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom