Per mile vehicle road used tax proposed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh boy ... They are gonna be disappointed in me. Lol I'm not sure exactly how many miles I drive but I can make a tank of gas last more than 60 but less than 90 days so it can't be much.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, about as voluntary as 'black boxes' in newer vehicles, license plate readers, and cameras over intersections ☹
Most cameras over the intersection in Okla is just for detection and dont go anywhere except to the control cabinets, with some exceptions where they go to a control room back to the municapilty where they can control the flow of traffic. And im just speaking for the state of Okla other states has other regulations in place. It is against Okla law to have red light cameras installed for the purpose of reading tags and issuing tickets.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is kind racist. It will hurt the poor, black and brown community that is working 2 or 3 jobs to just to get buy. Heck they can even afford a ID card to vote. How they will be able to afford the mileage tax?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s already here. I pulled into a Ford dealership in Butte Montana yesterday, went in to get some work done. Once they had the VIN, the onboard computer connected to their computer via tge internet and gave a complete diagnosis of the vehicle without ever having to install an OBI2 reader.
I can assure you the government has that information already.
Didn’t calculate it, but we put 5600 miles on this truck in July alone.
Glad I kept my 1972 Land Rover. A PCV valve is the most modern thing on it.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will do a study on tracking mileage and then say there was too much resistance from the commoners. Then they'll say the only FAIR way is to tax all electricity usage instead so every time I make toast at home I'm taxed. Just think of all the new revenue from weld shops alone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom