Per mile vehicle road used tax proposed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some day taxes are going to stop going up. I'm hoping that's some time before they get to 100%.
1955 was the last year that Federal Income Tax had maximum rate 90% so living in New York City you could get into the 101% tax Rate
90% Federal
10% New York State
1% New York City
101% Maximum Tax Rate

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also want to put breathalysers on new cars. That's supposedly in that infrastructure bill.
A friend of mine tried to help an alcoholic once (actually several times). Gave him a job, a place to stay, and helped finance a small pickup (with a breathalyzer installed) for him to drive. The guy was really likeable when he was sober, and could literally blow your mind on a set of drums.

But he started drinking again, and would give random people $5 to blow in the machine for him. He wound up wrecking the pickup (no injuries, thankfully), and my buddy finally stopped trying to help him out.

My point is... breathalyzers aren't necessarily a magic bullet.
:drunk2:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand we need to finance roads. But a lot of states divert gas taxes off to other things. That ought to stop.
Perhaps it would be more sensible to tax vehicle weight (which contributes to road wear as the weight increases) and a mileage tax for electric vehicles in place of the taxes on gasoline and diesel.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They also want to put breathalysers on new cars. That's supposedly in that infrastructure bill.

A friend of mine tried to help an alcoholic once (actually several times). Gave him a job, a place to stay, and helped finance a small pickup (with a breathalyzer installed) for him to drive. The guy was really likeable when he was sober, and could literally blow your mind on a set of drums.

But he started drinking again, and would give random people $5 to blow in the machine for him. He wound up wrecking the pickup (no injuries, thankfully), and my buddy finally stopped trying to help him out.

My point is... breathalyzers aren't necessarily a magic bullet.
:drunk2:
I read the proposal and it sounds a lot like microstamping for guns. They want a passive system that sniffs the air in the cabin, which will somehow miraculously differentiate between the designated driver and their drunk passengers.

In other words it's a "who knows who" slush fund to develop impossible tech. :rolleyes2

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better to live off the grid where they can’t get to your wallet so easily. They want to wean us off ICE’s but want us to use EV’s yet are going to tax us for using an EV? How evil! How are the going to tax a plug-in Prius with gas engines?

Last edited:

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politicians see We The Little Peeps money as theirs' to skim, scam, squander and with which to buy votes.
First American Revolution over taxation without representation.
Second American Revolution over taxation BY representation....and a plethora of other tyrannical acts.
tick...tick....tick....tick.....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better to live off the grid where they can’t get to your wallet so easily. They want to wean us off ICE’s but want us to use EV’s yet are going to tax us for using an EV? How evil! How are the going to tax a plug-in Prius with gas engines?
There was a story last week of a guy who'd done exactly that for 35 years. They arrested him and burned his hooch, then released him because he no longer had a hooch to return to.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Better to live off the grid where they can’t get to your wallet so easily."
1628614110109.png

An 81 year old man arrested at his off-grid cabin for trespassing, even though he's been there for 27 years

The government always finds a way, even if your off-grid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom