Perfect rifle trio in today's political climate???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rifle trio

Browning T-bolt 22lr
11.5” 5.56 SBR with a spare 10.5” 9mm upper
Savage model 10 308 or Winchester 70 243 (I can load lots of either if needed)

Personally I don’t care for a Mini’s trigger, and the overall feel just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t own another semi auto rifle other than my one AR and my one AK. Everything else is a bolt or lever action. I have a few semi auto 12ga but they all have wood and blued steel.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Mini-14 rifles and have a couple of them. No way I'd pick one over an AR if I was forced to, though, so an AR would be my first choice. Not because they don't shoot well enough or anything like that. They just aren't as adaptable to a variety of things...accessories, the shooter, modularity in calibers, etc...as an AR, and magazines are not nearly as plentiful and readily available. But I still like 'em. A Mini-14 GBF was the first rifle I ever bought for myself.

#2 of 3 would be my Henry Small Game Carbine in .22WMR.

#3 would be my Marlin 1895G "Guide Gun" in .45-70. Just because...

Honorable Mention would be a Kel-Tec Sub2000 (Glock mags) in 9MM.

Sm1a.jpg
Full Kit 2 Sm.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am good with my Mini 14 but I do wish it had a wood stock. It is plenty accurate enough for real world use. I have a couple of 22 rifles. That is enough.

EDIT: I just ran across Ruger 30rd Mini 14 mags for $27 plus shipping. The wife is going to be pissed but I ordered a couple. Now I just need to sell something to cover the cost. You guys sure I can not interest anybody in a nice sword? :P :P :P

Last edited:

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former resident of California, I've already been through the stress of the government trying to turn me into a felon every legislative session. Now that I have my AR's in the configuration that the good Lord intened them to be in, I'm not going back. I may buy some other rifles to supplement what I have, but I'm not abandoning the AR or AK platforms.

That being said, I don't begrudge anyone who is starting to think that maybe another platform is a viable alternative, say a Mini-14, Ruger PCC or a Kel-Tec RDB Survival rifle, all would be effective tyranny repellant. Hell, when I lived in CA, I bought a few SKS's and an Enfield in preparation for an outright ban on Semiauto mag fed rifles

Latest posts

Top Bottom