Perfecta Walmart ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it's about as good as the cheap stuff one can get from places like Freedom Munitions. Price boils down to about the same with either, so if Wally has the Perfecta in my calibers, I'll buy it and shoot it up.

From what I have seen, Freedom arms ammo is not even in the same zip code in quality.

Perfecta is made by Fiocchi and I'd put it with WWB, CCI Blazer and Lawman, American Eagle, and PMC in quality. Freedom is so hit and miss I don't trust it.

Your mileage may vary.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really haven't had any seriously bad ammo related problems issues in a long time with any of the above. I dunno; it's made by Fiocchi alrighty, but it's their bargain label stuff. Who cares as long as it shoots, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason my AR in 223 does not eject the perfecta very well. Just about falls out of the ejection port but the bolt always picks up the next round so I dont know what the deal is. It still runs with it though so...

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tested some .308 perfecta. Found it to be 2.5-3MOA OUT OF MY FNH SPR and my LWRCI REPR.
So I pulled a bullet to look at things. The bullet was 150gr, seems like the box said it was supposed to be 147gr. I also noticed the powder was 38gr of ball 748 type.
So I decided to measure that bullet in my rifle and reseat them .015 off the lands. Those all shot right at 1.5MOA. Leads me to believe that seating depth is everybody as important as metered powder charges. Also match brass, brass prep, match primers and match bullets are not quite as required as we thought.
Saw a pic today ofv6 perfecta cases with primer holes drilled out on the very edge of their primer pockets. Be careful when depriving perfecta.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tested some .308 perfecta. Found it to be 2.5-3MOA OUT OF MY FNH SPR and my LWRCI REPR.
So I pulled a bullet to look at things. The bullet was 150gr, seems like the box said it was supposed to be 147gr. I also noticed the powder was 38gr of ball 748 type.
So I decided to measure that bullet in my rifle and reseat them .015 off the lands. Those all shot right at 1.5MOA. Leads me to believe that seating depth is everybody as important as metered powder charges. Also match brass, brass prep, match primers and match bullets are not quite as required as we thought.
Saw a pic today ofv6 perfecta cases with primer holes drilled out on the very edge of their primer pockets. Be careful when depriving perfecta.

I have seen one perfecta with the flash hole drilled off center as well. But to be fair I found a Remington Blackout case with one drilled off center as well. I mean way off. So it looks like its not just perfecta. Reloading for 25 years and thats the only 2 I've ever seen.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only have 40 or so perfecta cases. So far so good. I think it's good enuf to let your guests shoot. Then the cases are all yours. Like I said. A little work and they are not too terribly bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom