Permanent resident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicMarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.
I'm a legal permanent resident in the US. I'm able to purchase firearms just like anybody else.
My question, am I able to get an Oklahoma carry license?
SDA says us citizen is a requirement when I check online, but I wanted to see if others like me where able to get it.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your only option is to get a non residents license from Florida or some other states that offer non resident permit. Or naturalized.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.
I'm a legal permanent resident in the US. I'm able to purchase firearms just like anybody else.
My question, am I able to get an Oklahoma carry license?

No you can't. Since you can't get Oklahoma, you are eligible to get Utah, which sells to legal permanent residents. Utah classes are available in OK, and many in OK have UT license. A US citizen OK resident is required to have home state, but since OK won't sell you one, UT waives that.

Last edited:

EpicMarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I will look into both of those states and see which the best option is. I guess the OK one will have to wait until I'm a US citizen in a year and a half or so.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tx and Fla dont care if you're citizen, and only have your green card. Tx requires that you be a resident, FL does not, (apparently) So get a Fl ccw and carry legally concealed in OK.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a case a while back in another state that required the person to be a citizen to get a license. Can't remember which one but I am sure you can google it. Anyway the carry advocates groups are often times wanting to pick up someone in a state that requires US citizenship to apply for a license so they can petition the courts for it to be changed.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to "have standing' in the court might (dunno) require you to first get arrested for carrying without the permit.:-) which would of course get a green card holder deported, which would render the case moot. So best proceed with great care if you are contemplating being the "test case".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom