Personal Defense Punch Rimfire 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigilance OKC

Marksman
Reaction score
I’m new to the site and just recently came across the fairly new Federal Punch Personal Defense 22 rounds. I’ve done some research on this round and the ballistics and penetration look good. I’ve fired several 100 rounds through a Ruger LCR and a Sig P322 suppressed. They ran flawlessly even in the Sig, which is fast becoming notorious for FTEs. That 20rd mag is sweet but you have to be careful how you load it and some ammo just won’t run. So far my CCI mini and the punch run well.

I know I’ll get crucified but I’m really trying get my wife to shoot and carry. She hates the recoil of anything above a .22. I’ve tried everything! I even tried a Ruger LCR .327 mag. Still a decent amount of kick in a small gun and the ammo is really hard to find (aka ridiculously expensive!). I like the Ruger LCR .22LR. 8 rounds and nothing to go wrong. Just pull the trigger. I added a Lasermax on it since the chances of her hitting anything with a 1.9” barrel is pretty slim. I’ve got the speedbeez speed loader and case for extra rounds.

Anyway - curious if anyone has any opinions on the new Federal Punch as far as self defense. I guess I always figured I wouldn’t want to be shot with a .22 and it’s better than harsh language!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy, the Punch line of ammo looks pretty stout. I have yet to find any on the shelf but wouldn’t mind trying it in 22 mag. I think someone posted a link to gelatin testing a while back. I’ll see if I can find it.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

My neighbor has had two heart attacks, bipass surgery with a complete shoulder surgery within the last 5 years. He's all healed and healthy now, but can't do recoil at all. He was dead set on carrying something, so he ended up settling on the Ruger. The Punch and Stinger were the two rounds that ran flawlessly in it. He carries the Punch.

Something is better than nothing. The snap of the Punch in a small light weight was very manageable for him too. If I was forced to carry one, the Punch or a good old Stinger would be my choice. I've smoked a few 4 legged critters DRT with both. Something is better than nothing I have to tell myself.

Vigilance OKC

Marksman
Reaction score
Nice - I’m definitely impressed with the ballistics and I keep hearing the .22 has killed more critters than any other cartridge. I’ve had no problems running it and you can find it online no problem. Again - something is better than nothing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom