Physics Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of the 5 diagrams best shows the shape of the rope as the helicopter flies through the air to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 236007
I agree, but from the wording I am using a strict interpretation. I agree, there would will be some wind, some wind resistance some aerodynamic load... For those who fly I am an amateur physicist, not an aeronautical engineer! Even worse I only spent the night once in a Holiday Inn Express, and that was a few years ago...
Yeah, but the question specifically says that air friction on the cable is not negligible.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but the question specifically says that air friction on the cable is not negligible.
I wondered about changing the wording. I decided to keep it in its purest form and to use word for word. Obviously, the physics teacher used a negative, (not), with an almost-zero which can be construed as a negative in the context it is used. I actually think they are taught to write that way on tests in order to put a fishook in your mouth.

I had to really watch the wording of tests with one of my professors. He would stick in phrases like, "in every case" or "shall" instead of "might".

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is just like the hammer and the feather falling at the same gravitational rate in a vacuum.
If there’s no friction or drag then it’s just a constant force on all mass copter or cable
Ohh not negligible. Stupid double negative. Who wrote this question. Probably teaches race theory now

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drat, however then it is C. This is why I never went into physics and mathematics and despise story problems. Going to paint an L on my forehead and go out for a walk, hopefully I can get the L facing the right direction.

This guy is talking to me now:

Latest posts

Top Bottom