Pic of shot foot........not for the squeamish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not real smart on my part but in the field I'll admit to have rested my loaded rifle or shotgun muzzle down on my foot a few times........like me when I've done it this fella was probably absolutely 100% positive that his firearm had the safety on.

Anybody remember the incident several years back at a OKC gun show when a fella somehow got past the cop at the door checking guns and made it inside with a loaded long gun and he blew a hole in his foot while he rested the gun on top of his foot while he was looking at something on a vendors table ?.......I was helping a buddy run his tables that day and after they carried him out and things calmed down I went over and one of the show janitors was still mopping up the blood.
foot.jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a good reason for it.
Hunting in the muddy thick and you fall down because a briar snagged your foot and your muzzle
planted into the mud.
You pull the round out of the chamber and remove the bolt and look for a twig so you can push the mud clear.
You rest the muzzle of the gun on your foot while you position the stick you carefully whittled down.

That is the only time I have done it.
No bolt no ammo, plenty of mud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom