Picked up a rimfire Texas Star

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it at a LGS yesterday....thought about it all night and picked it up today.
I'm gonna get better or frustrated, we shall see. I have 5 mags for my Ruger MkIV so I'll try to start shooting 50rds at it each evening and see what happens.
My little range isn't much to look at but it's mine!
I will be building a beefier A-frame next year. This one was made to be portable but is starting to sag.

IMG_20220921_180319056.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw it at a LGS yesterday....thought about it all night and picked it up today.
I'm gonna get better or frustrated, we shall see. I have 5 mags for my Ruger MkIV so I'll try to start shooting 50rds at it each evening and see what happens.
My little range isn't much to look at but it's mine!
I will be building a beefier A-frame next year. This one was made to be portable but is starting to sag.

View attachment 304552
Not much to look at??? Better than a lot of us have. I have to pay to go to go shoot at a range. Looks fantastic man! Lucky dog.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my idea was to get the rimfire one to practice on since ammo is way cheaper and can work up your skills with that and eventually would like to get a centerfire one so then you can move those skills to your primary pistol and rifle. I was able to put 50 rounds on it last night for like $3 and work towards polishing that skill before dropping at crap ton of money on 9 mm and blackout ammo.

I have also been jonesing to do one of these so I think I will order it this weekend and bust out the welder to get a dueling tree going. I think with the dueling tree I can just go straight to centerfire and have success. It is offered with different plate sizes so I will probably start out with a little bit bigger plate and then can order another set of plates and hang them as proficiency improves and they should all work on the same post and just swap out the paddles.

Amazon.com : Magnum Target 4" x 3/8" AR500 Steel Shooting Range Targets Dueling Trees Metal Paddles w/Tubes : Sports & Outdoors

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my idea was to get the rimfire one to practice on since ammo is way cheaper and can work up your skills with that and eventually would like to get a centerfire one so then you can move those skills to your primary pistol and rifle. I was able to put 50 rounds on it last night for like $3 and work towards polishing that skill before dropping at crap ton of money on 9 mm and blackout ammo.

I have also been jonesing to do one of these so I think I will order it this weekend and bust out the welder to get a dueling tree going. I think with the dueling tree I can just go straight to centerfire and have success. It is offered with different plate sizes so I will probably start out with a little bit bigger plate and then can order another set of plates and hang them as proficiency improves and they should all work on the same post and just swap out the paddles.

Amazon.com : Magnum Target 4" x 3/8" AR500 Steel Shooting Range Targets Dueling Trees Metal Paddles w/Tubes : Sports & Outdoors
Those are just good fun with another shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom