Picked up a rimfire Texas Star

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any range in your own back yard is a nice range. 2 pieces of steel or 10 not having to drive, follow said rules and the many other niceties make it very rewarding. You should be able to swap plates on the star. Give e bay a look, there's a fellow who has a large menu of plates and I've been very happy with. 👍

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw it at a LGS yesterday....thought about it all night and picked it up today.
I'm gonna get better or frustrated, we shall see. I have 5 mags for my Ruger MkIV so I'll try to start shooting 50rds at it each evening and see what happens.
My little range isn't much to look at but it's mine!
I will be building a beefier A-frame next year. This one was made to be portable but is starting to sag.

View attachment 304552

Looks great! Steel is my favorite! The star is fun and very aggravating!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started tinkering with the dueling tree today and figure out the spacing of the tubes that the paddles hang on and got that figured out, so I decided to get my welder out which I have not used since I moved up here. In trying to get the gun plugged back into the machine the wire broke and now I've got wire inside the lead. I started to take part of the gun apart and dropped a screw and could not find it and said forget it and put everything away and recruited a little bit of help to just weld those tubes on and the guy said he could do it in a few days. I decided to go back out later and try again and I actually found the screw that I dropped to hold the gun on the end of the lead and was able to get all of the wire out of it so tomorrow I will try again. I was about to give up but hopefully I can still do this on my own. That's half the point of having welders and Fab equipment, right?

It looks like 5 in between the tubes is just right for the paddles to be 2 in apart and allow me to just get them out individually.

IMG_20221001_191130046.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom