Picked Up Another 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a Jan-Feb 1990 made S&W 610 (no dash). Came across a like new Wilson Combat in December and picked it up. It happened to be in 10mm as well...and I wanted a second gun in that cartridge before I shelled out (pun intended) on reloading supplies and dies.

This one came without the box, paperwork, or any moon clips, but considering what they're going for these days I'm glad to spare the additional 20% cost right now. It did come with the original combat grips which look to have a home gunsmith refinish on them (no chips/cracks). I had some Culinas sitting on a safe with no home, so they're on this gun for now while I fix the kitchen table gunsmith problem.

Pardon the cell phone pics.

20220225_170006.jpg

20220225_165951.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first 610 that I got was a 5" back in 1990 and it came out of my dealer's stock. I have put about 1000 rounds through it and have been looking off-and-on for one in 4" ever since I got the 5".

A couple of years or so ago, S&W started to make the 610 again and I found one online in a gun shop in Rhode Island of all places. I picked it up and really liked it a bunch. The action is smooth right out of the box, and I am pretty accurate with it.

When I took his revolver class in Phoenix that November, Grant Cunningham suggested that I make the 4" 610 my EDC. As soon as I get myself situated, I intend to do a lot of shooting with the 610, and when I feel that I am ready, I'll do just that.

Here is a picture of mine.

thumbnail_img_0103-jpg.139266

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom