Picked up my new Mossberg 88 pump 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is beautiful. If I thought I could find the wood, I would have gone that way. Wow

Problem with the 88 is that the fore-end is either pinned or molded to the slide tube. You have to replace the entire assembly to swap it out. That was 1 of the main reasons I got the 500. Plus I really prefer the tang safety.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought one of those off armslist for pretty cheap, but I can’t find a short barrel to save my life. I’d saw one down myself but I can only find ribbed used ones.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought one of those off armslist for pretty cheap, but I can’t find a short barrel to save my life. I’d saw one down myself but I can only find ribbed used ones.
Cut down a ribbed one down to the 19 or 20 inch rib(I forget what length it is). A hair longer, but looks good and works the same as a cylinder bore 18 inch barrel.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with the 88 is that the fore-end is either pinned or molded to the slide tube. You have to replace the entire assembly to swap it out. That was 1 of the main reasons I got the 500. Plus I really prefer the tang safety.
I like the tang safety but it's no deal breaker. The fore-end pins can be removed if you really need it but I don't. I'll just tape, rattle can or hydrodip.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had my 88 20ga. vent rib for 5-6 years put tru glo sights on it got an improved cylinder choke tube
for slugs haven't tried to zero yet. But as far as shot gun use works great

Latest posts

Top Bottom