Pickup truck bed liners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My new to me 2010 Chevy came with a cheap plastic bed liner and I hate it. Stuff slides around, makes it hard to get to the tie down rings and it really doesn't fit all that well. I've always had a truck but this is the first one that has had a bed liner and I have mixed emotions about replacing it with something better or just taking it out. Many options from just a mat to spray on really confuses the issue.

What did you do and are you happy with it? What would you change if you had to it all over again? Probably should add the bed will never be covered except when it's parked under the carport.

Thanks

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big heavy rubber mats do fine, but it's got to be heavy or you'll see it flapping around back there at highway speeds.

Spray in liners are almost all a waste, except Line-x. That is some tough stuff, but it's not cheap. Cheap liners peel, scratch, and scuff. I did managed to gouge a line-x liner when a job box slipped off the forklift, but it was a real quick and free repair.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the factory spray in liner in my GMC. slick as snot on a doorknob. Have to keep a piece of carpet on it to keep everything from sliding around. Tough tho. Had linex in last ford same issues

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would highly recommend a spray in liner (Line-x specifically). I had that in my truck for about 10 years when I sold it last year. The only problems I ever had with it were a chunk that I took out of it dropping a motorcycle on the edge of the tailgate, and sometimes it was a little TOO grippy. 99.99999% of the time, it was exactly what I needed. Whenever I buy a truck again, it'll definitely have a Line-x bed. Just do like I did and have them spray over their logo badge, unless you really want to always see their logo (have to let them put the badge on for warranty on it, but they were more than happy to spray over it).

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After doing a little research it looks like Line-X is the winner.
Called local Line-X dealer looks like I have 4 choices, over the rail or not and standard or premium. Still up in air with a $492 to $732 spread in cost between under rail standard and over the rail premium. Going to see how much damage I do to the rails getting the double back tape off the PO used to hold the rubber on that was under the camper shell. Will probably go with Premium over the rail to protect the rails from my clumsiness.

Put the drop in liner on Craigslist this morning for $65.00 hoping for a quick sale.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what brand they spray but Auto Definitions in Claremore did one of our old Deweze beds. It was plenty rusty when we dropped it off. That was 5yrs ago and we've been abusing it ever since.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After doing a little research it looks like Line-X is the winner.
Called local Line-X dealer looks like I have 4 choices, over the rail or not and standard or premium. Still up in air with a $492 to $732 spread in cost between under rail standard and over the rail premium. Going to see how much damage I do to the rails getting the double back tape off the PO used to hold the rubber on that was under the camper shell. Will probably go with Premium over the rail to protect the rails from my clumsiness.

Put the drop in liner on Craigslist this morning for $65.00 hoping for a quick sale.

Does that truck not come with the factory plastic rail protectors?

Latest posts

Top Bottom