Pickup truck bed liners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got great experience with Line-X. It had already been sprayed in my truck with I bought it used. Couple of years into owning the truck and it began to flake off the tailgate. I had no idea what shop had done the work originally so took it to the Line-X dealer in Edmond back when they were on Santa Fe. They stripped and resprayed the tailgate with no questions asked. Been perfect since. That was about 7 years ago. Doesn't get slick when wet and has protected from dings/scrapes/chemicals like a champ.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not? I sit allot of stuff on the rail putting it in and removing it from the bed. 5 gallon gas can is a good example, I just do not have the strength to lift it over the rail when full.
Loading and unloading gas can and other stuff is much easier from the rear, as already stated and I always kept a small ratchet strap to secure those gas cans so they dont slide. I'm a big boy and tall and I"m not loading anything heavier that a bag of charcoal or mulch over the side. 10$ at harbor freight or walmart and you can get a 2 pack of small straps. Very handy for anything you haul.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?
I rarely go over the rail for anything and I have the strength, the bed sides are just too high on all of the trucks anymore.

Pretty sad that you can no longer reach over the rail. The good old days when drinking beer at the lake and seeing the LEO come down the road and drop the beer into the truck bed is evidently over. Have to be standing on a ladder anymore to do the same.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you put a 5 gallon gas can in your pickup, you either tie it in back at the tail gate or you sit it up next to the cab. Odds are you will not take off fast enough for it to slide to the back but you could easily brake hard enough for it to slide forward. To each his own, I put mine over the rail up next to the cab, typically fill 3 at a time. I also load stuff like plows, engines, mower decks and other things. with my loader tractor over the side. It's a truck not the family hauler, We have a 2013 Caravan for that.
I put gas cans at the back and use a bungee cord across the handles to keep them there. Same with propane tanks that need filled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom