Pictures deleted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never made jerky but I do like to cut my gar "backstrap" pieces into shrimp size pieces and boil it in
crab and shrimp boil for 5-7 minutes and let cool and dip in shrimp sauce or garlic butter.
The under 4.5 foot length ones are much more tender.
You get above 35 lbs and the connective tissue gets much larger.

I have ground it up and made deep fried gar balls.
Add diced green onions and flour and cornmeal and creole seasoning and other aromatics and those are excellent.

You can make okra pancakes and add ground gar to it.
Kind of like a salmon patty with okra.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have not seen all of the email trash that I have gotten for every post that I do, regardless of forum posted on.
If you want to know why, then send me an email. This will be sent to you, and you alone!
Setup a "trash" email account on one of the free services like gmail, yahoo, etc. Use that one for your forum stuff and keep your business email for business. It's a way to rid yourself of spam and malware. I have an account that I never even bother to check anymore. It's the one I use for things that I think will end up being more a pain in the ass than I want to mess with.

Last edited:

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Setup a "trash" email account on one of the free services like gmail, yahoo, etc. Use that one for your forum stuff and keep your business email for business. It's a way to rid yourself of spam and malware. I have an account that I never even bother to check anymore. It's the one I use for things that I think will end up being more a pain in the ass than I want to mess with.

I don't have the time to be fooling with that kind of crap, but a good idea I guess.

Why aren't these idiots man enough to stand face to face if they have got something to say?

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the time to be fooling with that kind of crap, but a good idea I guess.

Why aren't these idiots man enough to stand face to face if they have got something to say?

I thought the pics and instructions were great! Not something I do, but part of why I am here is to learn new stuff and see different things OSA contributors share with us. Sorry if something said or done caused you to delete the story and pics.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I thought the pics and instructions were great! Not something I do, but part of why I am here is to learn new stuff and see different things OSA contributors share with us. Sorry if something said or done caused you to delete the story and pics.
I too enjoyed reading and learning different things from your posts.