Pigs at night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that deer season is over its time to get after the pigs. I do most of it at night with a permit from the GW. Just bought a weapons mounted light system by Cyclops. First time I have had anything like that actually gun mounted. I've only used it once but it seems fantastic. I think Ill go again tonight.
If yall have a favorite setup let me know. Im always open to learn.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant remember for sure but I think its states no artificial light at all.
Thanks, it seems that is correct according to this page:
http://www.hightechredneckincorporated.com/articles.asp?ID=261

A 50 State Guide - Is night vision Legal to use for hunting in my State?
A 50 State Guide to the legality of night vision and laws-regulations on what species can be hunted at night in each state.

Oklahoma

Night Hunting: Allowed for raccoon, fox and other furbearers. However, hunting of coyote using artificial lights or sight dogs from dark to daylight is prohibited.
Night Vision: Not Allowed, per the 2010-2011 OK Hunting & Fishing Guide: No person may attempt to take, take, attempt to catch, catch, attempt to capture, capture, attempt to kill, or kill any deer, feral animal or other wildlife, except fish and frogs or except as provided by law, by the use of a vehicle mounted spotlight or other powerful light at night, by what is commonly known as "headlighting" (or "spotlighting") or use any light enhancement device (night scope).
Phone: 405-521-2730

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a Laser Genetics gun mounted green light quite a bit over the years with great success.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v712_retrieverman_004_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v712_retrieverman_002.jpg
img.photobucket.com_albums_v712_retrieverman_055.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite setup is helmet mounts PVS14 with IR laser on a suppressed rifle. 6.5 Grendel, 300 blackout or 458 SOCOM. We cruise around the farm in a lifted golf cart. NV compatible Eotech or Aimpoint works good too as does a 2.5-10x56 Trijicon scope but the laser makes it so easy to acquire the target without having to align your optic. Helmet mounted is great for patrolling. I have IR illuminators from TNVC but find that I rarely need them. A counterweight on your MICH helmet makes it much more comfortable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom