Pigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fine job, congrats. 6.8 SPC does an admirable job. Does the can drop the decibels enough to calm the herd or is it a mad dash in all directions after the first shot?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fine job, congrats. 6.8 SPC does an admirable job. Does the can drop the decibels enough to calm the herd or is it a mad dash in all directions after the first shot?
Thank you! In my opinion it helps a lot. Sunday night set up and shot pigs in 3 different sounders on the same 120 acre wheat field as fast as we could walk to the next sounder.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KIMG0284.JPG
I also use an 18" barreled 6.8 SPC. Great round for pigs! I settled on the Federal 115gr Fusion. Runs out of my barrel at 2630 FPS. Has great penetration and opens reliably and the rifle has plenty of capacity for larger groups of pigs. What round are you using, or are you reloading? I decided that for a low round count hunting rifle it wasn't worth it to me to set up for reloading for yet another caliber.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do like that thor?
I’ve been very pleased with it. Accuracy/consistency is good, granted my shots are out to maybe 120 yds. At that distance, image clarity is good enough I can tell the difference between raccoons and small pigs. Identifying larger animals is good out past 200 yds, up to about 300 yds.

Battery life has not been an issue at all. I charge it before going out and can hunt a who.e weekend without recharging.

It’s probably one of the best valued thermals for all you get for occasional/general use.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also use an 18" barreled 6.8 SPC. Great round for pigs! I settled on the Federal 115gr Fusion. Runs out of my barrel at 2630 FPS. Has great penetration and opens reliably and the rifle has plenty of capacity for larger groups of pigs. What round are you using, or are you reloading? I decided that for a low round count hunting rifle it wasn't worth it to me to set up for reloading for yet another caliber.
I really like S&B 110 grain PTS and bought up a bunch when it was $11.99/box. The brass is one of the best for reloading and I have a decent quantity of Spear 90 grain bonded soft point bullets and some of the 105 grain Cavity Back MKZ bullets when I need to start reloading. Frankly it is my highest round count hunting rifle and the only hunting rifle I haven't started reloading for yet. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom