Pigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice... running dogs?

What happens in SE OK stays in SE Ok. lol.
But, actually no we did not have to as 2 other groups had them out and burning their butts on adjacent land.

And apparently we did'nt do a good enough job as the game cam just sent me another picture of a big sow tonight. I don't know if we ever will get rid of these things now. We trapped 19 in one day last summer. Like it did'nt even put a dent in it. You can thank the Genuis Gurus at the OKWDC for that. Because we pleaded with them when these things first started show up 20 years ago.

Their polite response was any Hog in the woods belongs to somebody and was illegal to shoot. Now they have an Ecological disaster on there hands. Our Wild Turkey populations that used to be World Class down here have been decimated.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens in SE OK stays in SE Ok. lol.
But, actually no we did not have to as 2 other groups had them out and burning their butts on adjacent land.

And apparently we did'nt do a good enough job as the game cam just sent me another picture of a big sow tonight. I don't know if we ever will get rid of these things now. We trapped 19 last summer. Like it did'nt even put a dent in it. You can thank the Genuis Gurus at the OKWDC for that. Because we pleaded with them when these things first started show up 20 years ago.

Their polite response was any Hog in the woods belongs to somebody and was illegal to shoot. Now they have an Ecological disaster on there hands. Our Wild Turkey populations that used to be World Class down here have been decimated.
Stuart?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe farmers in hog-infested areas don't at least offer a minimal bounty. A couple bucks per head would have to be cheaper than actual losses.
:drunk2:

I live in SW OK too and around here farmers won’t let you help them out by killing pigs. I’ve asked around just to hear crickets.

I know a handful of farmers that would hate someone coming between them and that insurance check. They make a good living sowing wheat and plowing it under. Two of them have tons of land and not a combine between the two of them.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a handful of farmers that would hate someone coming between them and that insurance check. They make a good living sowing wheat and plowing it under. Two of them have tons of land and not a combine between the two of them.
Hmmm... I work in crop insurance and have for the last 21 years. I’d bet I know those farmer’s names.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get that big boar that was helping himself to your deer feeder?
Nope. My neighbor lets his step-nephew (14 or 15 year old) play around on his property. The kid wasn’t even hunting but happened upon that big boar one day and shot him. I would have liked to have taken him myself, but the kid did me a favor. The boar had cleaned out my 350 lb feeder three times over a 5-6 week period. After he was gone, that 350 lbs lasted just under 2 months with only deer eating it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. My neighbor lets his step-nephew (14 or 15 year old) play around on his property. The kid wasn’t even hunting but happened upon that big boar one day and shot him. I would have liked to have taken him myself, but the kid did me a favor. The boar had cleaned out my 350 lb feeder three times over a 5-6 week period. After he was gone, that 350 lbs lasted just under 2 months with only deer eating it.
Wonder how much he weighed? Of course it is to late now, but I know a guy offering $2500 to kill a big boar or sow that wins a hog tournament he has entered.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder how much he weighed? Of course it is to late now, but I know a guy offering $2500 to kill a big boar or sow that wins a hog tournament he has entered.
I’d like to know. As far as I know, they just left it to rot. I would like to have the skull once everything is eaten away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom