Pike Pass for Motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I got my Pikepass for the motorcycle I was told just to put it in my saddle bag; it should register without a problem. However, if it doesn't "read" then the charge would be applied based on recognition of the license plate. Now I wish I would have asked "then why do I need a Pikepass if you are reading the tag"?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why cant we get the white sticker passes? That would fit inside my windscreen and I wouldnt have to worry about it being stolen or falling off. I had the old white in the tank bag and I put this new suction cup one in the tank bag also.

I asked this very question to the Pike Pass administration guys when the sticker style passes came out. The answer was that the same sticker type passes had been issued to motorcycle owners in Texas and damaged the plastic windscreen upon removal, leading to complaints and claims. I ended up buying a fork leg/ under headlight tool bag and tossing my conventional pass inside.

Anything beats waiting in line at a toll booth on a fine Oklahoma summer day. Like sitting on a campfire, and roll/stop/roll/stop...

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resurrected from the dead. Anyone know if they have a sticker that works for motorcycles or do they still issue portables?
Don’t know about motorcycles, but they went away from the plastic ones about 4 years ago. They are a sticker now that sticks directly to the windshield. No more swapping them around to other vehicles. But they don’t charge you any extra to get additional tags. We’ve got 5 vehicles on our account - mine, wife’s, my parents cars, and my in-laws pilot. It’s convenient for us to have my in laws on the account since they come from Kentucky twice a year to visit, come through Springfield, Tulsa, then OKC.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stickie glue on the stickers for glass messes up the plastic windshield after a while. They issued me the suction cup box one i keep in my faring pocket on the side with the key lock.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago I went to the PikePass store in Tulsa at the entrance to the Turner Turnpike and got a portable pass that mounts to the windshield with suction cups - comes in handy for moving from car to car as needed. Might work for a motorcycle. Also, check with NTTA in Texas (TollTag); they work on all Oklahoma turnpikes as well as Texas ones and I believe they have mounts for motorcycles.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand corrected, I didn’t realize they were still offering those if you asked. We tried keeping ours but kept getting nasty letters, then they finally shut one of ours off. Switched over to the new ones and they gave us a $20 credit for the hassle.

Pike pass works on K-Tag roads in Kansas. It also works on some but not all of the Texas toll roads. I can’t remember whether it was the Texas or Ok website that listed it out. We rarely travel to Texas but had to last year to pick my mom up from Dallas-Love Field. The pike pass worked on their nice bypass lanes down the center of the highway. Made for a lot smoother journey through rush hour.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pike pass works on K-Tag roads in Kansas. It also works on some but not all of the Texas toll roads.

Unless they’ve changed it, PikePass only works on northern Texas toll roads; not on toll roads in or south of Austin. That’s why I’ve only had TollTags in my cars for years - with those I can travel any toll road in Texas or Oklahoma. Love the 130 bypass east of Austin - 85 MPH speed limit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom