Pimp My Deer Blind.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built one up in the air on 4x4 posts oiled the posts and set them.
The thing has been up for 12 years and does not move.. it is near Thunderbird lake.

Now the outside is T111 siding and painted camo.
The roof is metal and windows slide to open not lift.. either way will work.

Seal all small holes or you will get wasps.

The size I built was 4x8 this proved too small you could not draw a bow. and you have constant clacking against things to turn around.

I think 6x8 would be better..make the roof tall enough to draw a bow and the window opening needs to accommodate the same.

My bow would clink on the roof and I had to shoot the bow while partial squatting.
Try that with a 75lb bow..with 65% let off not much fun.. I hated that box, during bow season I would not use it.

That property has been sold long ago.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My elevated blind is 4' x 8" and seats 3 comfortably

What kind of chairs. This will make a big difference. I would recommend getting the chairs you want to use in it, draw dimensions in sidewalk chalk on the concrete drive and see how much room you want. 2 plush office chairs with cushioned arm rests, hydraulic height adjustment and wheeled feet will take up more room than no frills folding chairs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend cracking open a window for safety, unless your blind is really drafty.

mine has no insulation, and is totally drafty with storm windows turned sideways to make them sliders, a 1/2" gap in the door top for observation, etc.
I've used two of the little buddy's and both cause condensation (water vapor is a natural by product of NG or Propane open flame combustion) then shut off about the time it gets warm.

About 10 minutes later, it will light again, then the windows need wiped with towels to keep the condensation down.
I've found that just the pilot light puts out pretty good heat. Since I'm dressed for cold, I'll just warm my hands on the pilot. Put some soup or chile in a can to warm up for lunch on top of the grill.

I'd like to put in a heater with a vent.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had office chairs with wheels and the hydraulics . The thing was called "The Male Box"
You must give it a name.

We had an electric oil type heater in ours and no condensation but we had windows open to be ready for a shot.
I never turned on the heat.
But the handicapped guy I built it for did.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used left over sheet metal for exterior and leftover carpet inside on floor and walls. It is 4x6 because that's the size of thick plywood I bought fir floor. I welded a skid made out of 2 inch tubing and bolted the box to it. The skid so i cal lift it and move easy and push around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom