Pimp My Deer Blind.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes! I've already got the 12v led setups. They are RV type interior led lights. Along with those i've got a few battery powered single LED setups that put out a nice light and the batteries last a longggg time with those so i think they'll be good to go. I'll use the RV type up high and the single led "glow" lights below the shooting rests on the walls.

And Viking...i want a 4WD motor home!!! LOL Seriously tho...no smart a$$edness taken..LOL With everything we want in our blinds it makes sense to get a lil camper.

On the size thing...i'm pretty set on 6 x 8. I agree that 4 x 4 is perfectly sized...but with what i may be doing i'll need the extra room. It WILL DEFINITELY hamper me being able to see easily in all directions when i'm by myself in there. Tradoffs : (

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when shooting out any window I can use the window to my right to rest my right elbow on which makes it almost like bench rest shooting..Finally..no matter what size you decide on I would frame it out but before locating my windows I would set the actually chair in side you will be using and while setting in the chair with your rifle this will help you put the height of the windows in the perfect location for shooting...

I think this is a very good point. I hunt out of a couple of towers that are not well thought out and the shooting position is ridiculous. They are just a bit too high, no elbow rest. For me, that makes for an unsteady shot.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 6 x 8 is a great size, especially if you are thinking about sleeping 1-2 people in it. It's like telling a kid their fort or club house is too big. I say if you got the money, build it, live in it if you want. Just don't forget to post pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom