Pineapple are ready

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! My neighbor has a bunch of banana trees and he's getting ready to bring them in for winter.
I'm hoping to get bananas next year from these dwarf Cavendish .
IMG_20220808_185424465_HDR.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't say I've ever ate a muscadine.
Long ago when I was back up north I had run into some that were growing wild along on old stone rock wall. I think they might have been there a little too long and we’re fermenting. They didn’t look bad. These were big plump grapes. But when I chewed into them it was disappointing and unexpected for me. It was like I was chewing wine. Not the typical sweet grapes I was expecting.

Wine grapes that taste like wine.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are just about ready . I haven't decided if I want to juice them or freeze dry. Freeze dried pineapple is excellent for snacks. I have grown several pineapple over the years in the greenhouse. View attachment 302041View attachment 302042
Plus a little over a bushel of muscadines today.View attachment 302043

I just saw some pineapple plants for sale in North Oklahoma City. They were in a Walmart of all places. I’ve never seen those for sale before. And definitely never seen one in Walmart. I had maybe five or six plants for sale. I pointed it out to the wife and she was even kind of blown away to see them.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw some pineapple plants for sale in North Oklahoma City. They were in a Walmart of all places. I’ve never seen those for sale before. And definitely never seen one in Walmart. I had maybe five or six plants for sale. I pointed it out to the wife and she was even kind of blown away to see them.
Just buy a pineapple and plant the top, plus you get to eat the pineapple.

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’ve done an amazing job to get those things to grow in OK! Nice…..
My neighbor in Tulsa keeps his outside but he does cut them almost to the ground in fall and then burlap bags them during the coldest part of winter.

Temps may get low but they thrive every year.

Just for trivia but OK is about the same latitude as North Africa on the Mediterranean. That is more about sun than temps though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom