Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory has the option in cart to donate to the GOA up to $50 per order. I gladly made two orders so I could donate $100 to them. The money PSA makes will also help them with their H&R and other lines of products.

MidwayUSA has the option in cart to donate to the NRA.

Great excuse. Go buy something from them.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory has the option in cart to donate to the GOA up to $50 per order. I gladly made two orders so I could donate $100 to them. The money PSA makes will also help them with their H&R and other lines of products.

MidwayUSA has the option in cart to donate to the NRA.

Great excuse. Go buy something from them.
Although I agree with you, I did come across this guy saying that the gun rights groups love the NFA because they use it for fund raising and they would not be needed if it went away so they are happy like linemen getting double overtime during a winter storm LOL.

He seems kinda like a jerk and looks like he's had some drama in the past with other gun youtubers. I say these groups are needed and I've also donated, but it was an interesting perspective.

Jeff Munson

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Good point...this is a good way to "rig" an election by preventing previously law abiding citizens from voting or owning guns. Someone should tell Lankford that too.

I think this would be a FAR stretch, BUT say you DO self incriminate yourself. And you are not approved in the 88 days, you are now considered in possession of an illegal weapon. A possible felon. Yes you should be innocent until proved guilty, but you just submitted all the evidence to prove yourself guilty. How long would it take to revoke your voting rights? Would every individual have to be charged and go to court first? Or could they just nix your rights to vote?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this would be a FAR stretch, BUT say you DO self incriminate yourself. And you are not approved in the 88 days, you are now considered in possession of an illegal weapon. A possible felon. Yes you should be innocent until proved guilty, but you just submitted all the evidence to prove yourself guilty. How long would it take to revoke your voting rights? Would every individual have to be charged and go to court first? Or could they just nix your rights to vote?
Thankfully I am not in the pistol braced weapon camp so I'm not personally worried, but I am concerned for the people who are and for gun rights in general. To you specific question, it is my understanding that you would first have to be convicted and simply being charged isn't enough.

However, I know of a guy who tried to stop some punks from steeling a bike from his garage and he pushed the kid off the bike and he broke his arm. This man was charged and it cost him over 30k to defend the charges of accidentally injuring a thief. He was ultimately not convicted but it petty much ruined his life for a period of time. This was a REPUBLICAN DA doing this to him. The moral of the story is "lawfare"...using the law to hurt you even if you eventually beat the charges.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully I am not in the pistol braced weapon camp so I'm not personally worried, but I am concerned for the people who are and for gun rights in general. To you specific question, it is my understanding that you would first have to be convicted and simply being charged isn't enough.

However, I know of a guy who tried to stop some punks from steeling a bike from his garage and he pushed the kid off the bike and he broke his arm. This man was charged and it cost him over 30k to defend the charges of accidentally injuring a thief. He was ultimately not convicted but it petty much ruined his life for a period of time. This was a REPUBLICAN DA doing this to him. The moral of the story is "lawfare"...using the law to hurt you even if you eventually beat the charges.

Well, I’m sorry, but you should be worried. You may one day want to own a braced option. Also, we should all recognize that the gun control march will never stop. Once they have this, then it’ll be shotguns. Then register your AR. Then register your handgun. And on and on. Then once they know where they are, confiscation will ensue.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m sorry, but you should be worried. You may one day want to own a braced option. Also, we should all recognize that the gun control march will never stop. Once they have this, then it’ll be shotguns. Then register your AR. Then register your handgun. And on and on. Then once they know where they are, confiscation will ensue.
Oh I'm with you...I'm just saying that I don't have to take any action to become legal because I never got one. But I'm still absolutely against what has happened and hope the decision is reversed.

I know there are some gun owners that do think whatever they own is enough and nobody should have something more than them. I'd venture to guess that could be 50% of gun owners which is where the media claims that "gun owners support common sense gun laws". But that ain't me...I support common sense gun laws, but my idea of common sense might differ from the media's :)

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL...this is to disarm "blacks & indians...the NFA & 922r were to replace Jim crow laws"...I think the elitists don't want the poor of all stripes to be armed, but that goes back to the old pitch forks metaphor of the medieval feudal system. Back then the nobles and royals literally didn't want the peasants to have any weapons. I do believe the NRA was founded to originally protect the rights of black people to own firearms...can anyone confirm? As for the poor not owning weapons, they sure are soft on crime in blue states so that just shows the hypocrisy.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man these vids now just keep coming up in my algorithm. If I hadn't been a member of this site or gotten these kinds of content from watching regular gun reviews, I'd have not known about this issue at all. Can you imagine all the folks out there like this poor bastad? I have no idea if the pistol buffer tube is going to be accepted either...I still think the best thing to do for those who can is to put a 16" barrel.

EDIT: why did the guy smash it up? That brace could be used on a legal-length gun? If what he is saying were true, then ALL stocks and braces would need to be destroyed? I mean obviously a real stock would be better on a non-NFA rifle...but none the less, that brace isn't the issue since it can be used on legal rifles or airsoft guns...the issue is the short upper from what I have consumed so far on this topic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom