Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL...this is to disarm "blacks & indians...the NFA & 922r were to replace Jim crow laws"...I think the elitists don't want the poor of all stripes to be armed, but that goes back to the old pitch forks metaphor of the medieval feudal system. Back then the nobles and royals literally didn't want the peasants to have any weapons. I do believe the NRA was founded to originally protect the rights of black people to own firearms...can anyone confirm? As for the poor not owning weapons, they sure are soft on crime in blue states so that just shows the hypocrisy.

The NRA was founded to promote marksmanship after the dismal performance of Union troops invading the South. The South was defeated by numbers and industry, but the skills of the average rural Southerner was noticed by Union generals and burial squads alike.

Thank goodness they had plenty of bodies and all the industry to throw at us, otherwise we wouldn't have the moral, liberty guided central government we now enjoy. Victors they were, yet took notice that the skills of the South were superior.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully I am not in the pistol braced weapon camp so I'm not personally worried, but I am concerned for the people who are and for gun rights in general. To you specific question, it is my understanding that you would first have to be convicted and simply being charged isn't enough.

However, I know of a guy who tried to stop some punks from steeling a bike from his garage and he pushed the kid off the bike and he broke his arm. This man was charged and it cost him over 30k to defend the charges of accidentally injuring a thief. He was ultimately not convicted but it petty much ruined his life for a period of time. This was a REPUBLICAN DA doing this to him. The moral of the story is "lawfare"...using the law to hurt you even if you eventually beat the charges.
Did you come from a blue state or is that something that happened here in OK

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC the NRA was originally founded as a marksmanship organization after the civil war. However in their history they have seemingly been very pro gun control when certain groups wanted to exercise their rights ... Their history with the black Panthers being the foremost example.

Edit... The nfa was definitely written to keep some things away for the poors. Remember that the tax stamp has been fixed at 200 since inception. Running through an inflation calculator that is the time period equivalent of 6000 back then.

I don’t know who the drunk monkeys are that do these conversions. In 1935 when that $200 tax stamp was first enacted. The average yearly income was $471. $200 is .425% that yearly income.

Supposedly the average American income is now making 54,132. So to adjust for inflation by using the current average income .425% of that would be $23,000 for a NFA tax stamp

Another comparison is the most sold automobile was a Ford in 1935. And the price was between $600 - $650.

Latest posts

Top Bottom