Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just received this update that clarifies a couple items. (Even though I still vehemently oppose this abuse and overreach I am pleased that the initial concerns about import pistols appear to be a nothing burger - for now)

https://gunzonedeals.com/blog/atf-p...email_flyer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius

Since the release of the ATF ‘final rule’ 2021R-08F, there have been a great deal of questions and irregularities that will affect our Constitutional rights. Here is what we know, and our current options.
Pistol Braces Aren’t Illegal
First and foremost, we want you to know that pistol braces aren’t illegal. Like you, we think the ruling is unconstitutional, and there are multiple groups already organizing lawsuits. Unfortunately, we know that process is neither quick nor efficient.
In the meantime, though, we do have options.
1. Register your braced firearm through the ATF.
2. Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer barrel.
3. Permanently remove the brace.
4. Turn the firearm in to the ATF.
5. Destroy the firearm.
Imported Pistols Are Eligible
One of the biggest clarifications we heard from the ATF is that imported pistols are, in fact, eligible for any of these options, including registration. The ATF confirmed this point on January 28th.
We Don’t Like It, Either
Nope, we don’t like it. We think it’s unconstitutional and we think the ATF is overstepping. However, we also understand the importance of letting this situation travel through the court systems. During that process, we encourage you to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m sorry, but you should be worried. You may one day want to own a braced option. Also, we should all recognize that the gun control march will never stop. Once they have this, then it’ll be shotguns. Then register your AR. Then register your handgun. And on and on. Then once they know where they are, confiscation will ensue.
It is estimated that 209 Million adults own firearms in the United States and that there ia a total active law enforcement community of 800K officers. Not talking legalities, but only from a logistic standpoint, 800,000 Officers trying to confiscate an estimated 343 Million firearms from 209 Million adults is NOT going to happen. So ease your troubled mind GlockPride :comfort:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I just received this update that clarifies a couple items. (Even though I still vehemently oppose this abuse and overreach I am pleased that the initial concerns about import pistols appear to be a nothing burger - for now)

https://gunzonedeals.com/blog/atf-p...email_flyer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius

Since the release of the ATF ‘final rule’ 2021R-08F, there have been a great deal of questions and irregularities that will affect our Constitutional rights. Here is what we know, and our current options.
Pistol Braces Aren’t Illegal
First and foremost, we want you to know that pistol braces aren’t illegal. Like you, we think the ruling is unconstitutional, and there are multiple groups already organizing lawsuits. Unfortunately, we know that process is neither quick nor efficient.
In the meantime, though, we do have options.

Imported Pistols Are Eligible
One of the biggest clarifications we heard from the ATF is that imported pistols are, in fact, eligible for any of these options, including registration. The ATF confirmed this point on January 28th.
We Don’t Like It, Either
Nope, we don’t like it. We think it’s unconstitutional and we think the ATF is overstepping. However, we also understand the importance of letting this situation travel through the court systems. During that process, we encourage you to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
If you read the document, all 291 pages, but particularly the actual rule, and the question/answers on 922r, you would have known it was a nothing burger awhile ago. Not you per say, but 'you' as in general reference.
Chikinlittlz can't let it go though and watch a couple vids and spew patently false statements.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I have been saying and AppliedString said above, just get a 16" barrel and a real stock and be done with it. That takes away all ambiguity for now.

Well, it's not that simple. Not everything in this category is an AR-style gun. What about AK variants? What about MP5 variants. You can't just "get a 16" barrel and a real stock and be done with it".

Not to mention that does nothing to stop an agency run amok with creating millions of felons out of otherwise law-abiding citizens who've done nothing wrong than purchase an item this run-away agency previously said was legal.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's not that simple. Not everything in this category is an AR-style gun. What about AK variants? What about MP5 variants. You can't just "get a 16" barrel and a real stock and be done with it".

Not to mention that does nothing to stop an agency run amok with creating millions of felons out of otherwise law-abiding citizens who've done nothing wrong than purchase an item this run-away agency previously said was legal.
I'm against the ruling, just saying that anyone can, should do so if they want to avoid the concern. Sounds like some of the other folks without AR's can now just remove the brace and store it separately?

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

why not? its not a pistol or a sbr anymore so why cant you just do that? just trying to understand why you think that

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why not? its not a pistol or a sbr anymore so why cant you just do that? just trying to understand why you think that

Replacing a barrel on an AK type rifle isn't as easy as swapping an upper receiver. It takes tools a lot of people don't have. And I think an MP5 barrel might be even more difficult...and costly.

In other words, pretty much anyone can push out two pins and swap AR uppers. I don't think AK and MP5 type guns are that easy.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom