Pistol sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always ran trijicon HD night sights on my Glocks. I've been thinking about trying some xs big dots. Do you run them? How easy was the different sight picture? Which sights do you recommend and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried big dots, but they weren't the best for me. By testing various sights in training and competition, I learned that a solid black u-notch rear, with a green fiber-optic front, works best for me. I really like the 10-8 rear sight, paired with the Hiviz 'resin overmolded' front sight (because of it's durability for a fiber-optic).

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried big dots, but they weren't the best for me. By testing various sights in training and competition, I learned that a solid black u-notch rear, with a green fiber-optic front, works best for me. I really like the 10-8 rear sight, paired with the Hiviz 'resin overmolded' front sight (because of it's durability for a fiber-optic).
Do you have any pics of your setup

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your setup

I think this is the pair. The sight is even brighter outside than it is inside. The green fiber optic (with plain rear) really draws your eye to the front sight (at least for me).

i49.photobucket.com_albums_f292_YukonGlocker_MP9_ol3.jpg

i49.photobucket.com_albums_f292_YukonGlocker_MP9_ol2.jpg

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW: that first picture isn't a good representation of the sight picture. The camera is focused on the rear of the pistol, and not the front sight. In person, the sights look much better than that picture shows.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like that! No distraction on the rear. When I do the hd's I normally do a different color in front than the rear. I found through dry practice in the dark that 3 dots of the same size and color look similar even if the pistol is tweeted to one side or the other

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put a set of Truglo TFX Pro on my not so much a Glock anymore 23. I really like them. But, everybodys eyes are so different unless you pick up a gun with the actual sights on it its really hard to tell what you will like. I couldnt find anybody around that even had these sights so it was a gamble. I intend to put the XS Big dots on my G42 since its pretty much strictly a carry gun.
13692594_1381013668581929_4053745112089326471_n.jpg
13754530_1381013678581928_1968450649162851066_n.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally, I prefer black on black. Just plain old dull black sights for me, especially the front sight.

(Edit: I do have Red Fiber Optic on my G43 that I like)

Last edited:

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ameriglo CAP and TCAP front sights look interesting.

www.ghostinc.com_media_img_ghostinc___A_capgreen.jpg
I just watched a video on them. That's something to consider. I appreciate the feedback. I typically always use the same sights, looking to change it up to see if something else may work as well or better for me. That cap sight might be what I go with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk