Piston driven AR15s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have a Ruger ar556 as well as a beretta arx100. Both never shot as I haven’t had access to a rifle range. Things changed as of late which is why I was asking

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you own it, the best way to figure that out would probably be for you to shoot it? Just sayin :)
Haha. True. But my knowledge of ARs is limited to say the least. And I lack the time and money to thoroughly test one so I was curious what y’all’s thoughts are on them.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LWRC M6 16” carbine. About 10-12 tears old, maybe a little under 1000 rounds fired thru it. Flawless functioning, fast easy cleaning procedure. BCG stays cool and comparatively (to DI actions) clean. Only slight drawback I notice is the muzzle end is a bit heavier than DI versions.
2nd all that. Weapon is heavier. But runs anything. I also have an m6 G .

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am spoiled with my piston gun, but it is my opinion Run what you brung. Ar’s aren’t that different. If you got $500 it’s what you can afford and will serve you well, if you got $2k then get something on the other end. Pros and cons, sure, but in a di rifle, buy the best you can afford. Lwrc and Adams come to kind for a piston guns. Sometimes leo trade in Adams can be found prices right on gun broker. I will buy another in a minute.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am spoiled with my piston gun, but it is my opinion Run what you brung. Ar’s aren’t that different. If you got $500 it’s what you can afford and will serve you well, if you got $2k then get something on the other end. Pros and cons, sure, but in a di rifle, buy the best you can afford. Lwrc and Adams come to kind for a piston guns. Sometimes leo trade in Adams can be found prices right on gun broker. I will buy another in a minute.
just ordered a new complete adams arm piston AR for $620 shipped.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just ordered a new complete adams arm piston AR for $620 shipped.
hell of a deal. When you get it send up a review please. I saw some leo trade in around from a copshop on gunbroker. I am told they are excellent. does yours have an adjustable gas block?

Stay_Shmackin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
PWS, LMT, and LWRC are the premier piston ARs. Imo there is absolutely no one that comes even close. Just wondering, but why are you going piston? Suppressor use?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Complete rifles are irrelevant. The piston system is all in the upper. I had an Adams in 5.45x39. It was the t*ts. I think there's Adams and everyone else when it comes to this type of operating system.
Always wanted one of those. Then they went and banned 7n6. Lost interest after that

Latest posts

Top Bottom