Pit Boss Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my PB 2 series electric smoker on Sunday and assembled it last night. It seems like it is well built. Saturday I will season it, and Sunday it will be brisket time.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been rocking a Recteq(the name changed) 700 for over a year. Different price point than the PB, but a great product.

Knocked out another brisket over the weekend, getting consistent outstanding results...
IMG_5049.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got our PB cleaned out and tried smoking another pork butt, no issues this time with flame outs. Still doesn't smoke like a stick burner but is very easy. We'll just use it as as a grill because as a smoker if you like bark and a deep smoke ring, you won't get that from a pellet smoker imo.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
61992842416__CD1F190E-25AE-48D1-B24B-117C1CD7EE0C.jpg
Got our PB cleaned out and tried smoking another pork butt, no issues this time with flame outs. Still doesn't smoke like a stick burner but is very easy. We'll just use it as as a grill because as a smoker if you like bark and a deep smoke ring, you won't get that from a pellet smoker imo.

I guess I'm doing something wrong then...

IMG_4821.jpg
IMG_4820.jpg

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now considering the RecTeq. Ugh, decisions decisions... I'm thinking I should get one with the WiFi feature and that if I don't, I'll regret it later down the road.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now considering the RecTeq. Ugh, decisions decisions... I'm thinking I should get one with the WiFi feature and that if I don't, I'll regret it later down the road.
More electronics means a better chance for failure. A few years ago I had a digital smoker and after using it only a couple of times the digital module died.

Latest posts

Top Bottom