Pit bulls fatally maul suspected Georgia home invader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for the dogs because they were inside the owner's home, doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing.

"Two pit bulls fatally mauled a suspected intruder in Georgia, leaving the body on their owner’s front porch, authorities said.
Alex Binyam Abraha, 21, of Atlanta, was found early on Sept. 24 by the homeowner in Coweta County, where authorities said evidence shows he was inside the residence at some point, WAGA reported.
The homeowner, who was not publicly identified, returned to his Newnan residence last Friday morning and made the grisly find on his porch, investigators said.
,,,An autopsy revealed Abraha, who had warrants out for his arrest in Fulton County, had been fatally mauled by the dogs. Authorities believe he had broken into the home and encountered the animals,,,
No charges will be filed against the homeowner, although the fate of his canine companions is unclear.
'The dogs have been turned over to animal control and nothing has been determined as to what happens next for them,' [a sheriff's official said]..."
https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/pit-bulls-fatally-maul-suspected-georgia-home-intruder/

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for the dogs because they were inside the owner's home, doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing.

"Two pit bulls fatally mauled a suspected intruder in Georgia, leaving the body on their owner’s front porch, authorities said.
Alex Binyam Abraha, 21, of Atlanta, was found early on Sept. 24 by the homeowner in Coweta County, where authorities said evidence shows he was inside the residence at some point, WAGA reported.
The homeowner, who was not publicly identified, returned to his Newnan residence last Friday morning and made the grisly find on his porch, investigators said.
,,,An autopsy revealed Abraha, who had warrants out for his arrest in Fulton County, had been fatally mauled by the dogs. Authorities believe he had broken into the home and encountered the animals,,,
No charges will be filed against the homeowner, although the fate of his canine companions is unclear.
'The dogs have been turned over to animal control and nothing has been determined as to what happens next for them,' [a sheriff's official said]..."
https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/pit-bulls-fatally-maul-suspected-georgia-home-intruder/
I hope they return the dogs unharmed.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that had happened in Oklahoma the owner of the dogs could be charged if, what I was told by a cop once is true.
I believe the pit bull ban was overturned; thereby still requiring a un-provoked attack (there may be other elements also). However, I do believe there are homeowner insurance implications for owning certain breeds.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize it's different if you're the owner, but personally I don't think I'd want to live with dogs that were capable of and known to have killed a person. As unlikely as it would be that they'd kill their owner, I think I'd still feel creeped out a little.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize it's different if you're the owner, but personally I don't think I'd want to live with dogs that were capable of and known to have killed a person. As unlikely as it would be that they'd kill their owner, I think I'd still feel creeped out a little.
Yeah, I don't think I'd love the idea either.

I'm pretty sure with our Golden that a band of thieves could ransack our place without much resistance from him. He'd probably be nervous while it was happening, but I think that would be the extent of it. Maybe he'd surprise me, but I don't think it's in him.

He would shed all over them though so we'd have some DNA evidence?

Latest posts

Top Bottom