Place to buy trapping lures in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am needed to get some lure to entice two chicken thieving coyotes the final step or two to my traps. Is there any place in OKC or do you have a favorite place to order from?

Andrew

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coyotes are one of the most difficult critters to trap. Are you using cage style live traps? If you are, try throwing a honey bun in it until you can get something else.
Cabelas and Bass Pro both have some lure and scents.
I prefer online shopping for scents and lures as the variety is much larger. https://www.fntpost.com/catrewrite.php?req=/Trapping/

Where are you having the coyote trouble at? You might have a nuisance wildlife control operator in your area that would handle the problem. https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/law/nwco-operators

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a TON of supplies last Winter from Minnesota Trapline Products. Prices were good, shipping was fast and I'll probably buy anything else I need from them.

At the advice of another forum user, I tried some Canine Force, holy smokes, they're not kidding. You get it on your hands, nothing short of sandblasting will take it off. Worked well on a few coyotes I trapped. Has some skunk in it, so be advised.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be worth a call to one in your area. You may lose more chickens in the time it takes to be successful.

One whiff of your scent can educate a smart coyote of your trapping intent in a hurry. Bedding a leg hold trap and placement of trap in relation to lure is critical as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Dirt hole set with chicken feathers in the hole fairly close to your coop, preferably in the direction of their approach if you know which way they come from. Keep it pretty close to your coop as your scent is already around it and they're more likely to be used to it there. This is the time of year to use baits primarily over lures and urine.

http://www.trapperman.com/trapperman/dirthole_set.html

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've left a message for a trapper listed in the link above. I'm sure I have contaminated the area with scent as I have the offending coyotes on game camera looming at my set but that is all. I have a chicken they killed and ran off from down in a hole and a feather on a string above it for movement. Nothing.

I asked the neighbors to keep their dogs up as I don't want to catch them.

Amdrew

Latest posts

Top Bottom