Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs are simply nothing more than liberal feel good sighs for the gun phobia customers. I'd like to see someone try and sue me for possession of a firearm. Like stated before in this thread, there is no legal premise of these signs carrying any weight, yet. Of course all that could change if boner in the house gets cold feet this year.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs are simply nothing more than liberal feel good sighs for the gun phobia customers. I'd like to see someone try and sue me for possession of a firearm. Like stated before in this thread, there is no legal premise of these signs carrying any weight, yet. Of course all that could change if boner in the house gets cold feet this year.

The legal weight is for trespassing. While most business will ask you to leave, generally they are not required to do so. It depends on how the trespass laws are written in that locality. Most of the trespass laws I have seen basically say that the sign is written notice the owner doesn't want you on the premises and violating that notice is trespass, no verbal notification required. No law suit required, just a citation.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a few businesses I go in that are posted. I just don't bother taking notice or give a flip to heed their request. I carry concealed for a reason.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Goodwill in Bixby has a Glock buster sign and Woodland Hills mall has a M&P buster sign. Good thing I don't carry either of those.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dairy Queen in chickasha is posted no firearms.

I was there just last weekend and don't remember seeing a sign. I was carrying but it was 95% concealed. Nobody seemed to care and the staff were actually friendly, helpful, and serving this time.

Coffee Creek Apartments in Edmond has a policy that prohibits open carry in common areas/staff buildings.

Fuji Sushi in Edmond has a "no concealed carry" sign up... I guess they wanna see it if we're armed? Same thing is posted on an apartment complex just West of 10th and Rockwell (forgot the name).

Braggs

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I went to all of the establishments that sell guns in Lawton, looking for ammo for myself & some buddies. The last place I looked was Stan's Pawn on Lee. I noticed a 'No Open Carry' sign prominantly displayed on the front door.

I also had a very bad experience with the hippie looking guy that works there, & as it happened directly in front of the owner, I believe that it is just the way they do business. With that said, I won't be going there again.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Previous to the Open Carry law being passed, the Spirit Shop allowed concealed,but after the law passed, they had a generic gun buster sign up.

They now have a sign than says "No Open Carry."

I thanked them for allowing conceal carry in their store again, and I am now able to defend myself in their business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom